cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BUG WIDGET PRODUCTS LIST

BUG WIDGET PRODUCTS LIST

Hi, I have a Magento ver. 2.4.3-p1.

When I try to insert the "catalog product list" widget on a CMS page it gives me this error.

"Error filtering template: Invalid block type: Magento \ CatalogWidget \ Block \ Product \ ProductsList"

I'm going crazy I don't understand the reason for the mistake.
Thanks for your help

2 REPLIES 2

Re: BUG WIDGET PRODUCTS LIST

If you have installed  3rd-party modules like  Mageplaza SMTP, Product Inquiry, and Amage Cms (Import/Export CMS), then let's try to disable all of these modules to check if Catalog Product List Widget works or not.

Run the following commands to disable 3 3rd-party modules:

bin/magento module:disable Mageplaza_Smtp Sparsh_ProductInquiry Amage_Cms

bin/magento setup:upgrade

bin/magento setup:di:compile

bin/magento setup:static-content:deploy -f

Then go to the front end to test the result.

If after disabling the 3 modules above the issue persists, enable these modules again and continue debugging.

bin/magento module:disable Mageplaza_Smtp Sparsh_ProductInquiry Amage_Cms

bin/magento setup:upgrade

bin/magento setup:di:compile

If you find our reply helpful, please give us kudos.

WebDesk Solution Support Team

Get a Free Quote | | Adobe Commerce Partner | Hire Us | Call Us 877.536.3789

Thank You,

WebDesk Solution Support Team
Get a Free Quote | Email | Adobe Commerce Partner | Hire Us | Call Us 877.536.3789

Re: BUG WIDGET PRODUCTS LIST

Hello! It seems like the error you're encountering is due to an invalid block type for the Magento Catalog Product List widget. Here are a few steps you can take to try and resolve the issue:

1. Check if the module responsible for the Catalog Widget is enabled. You can do this by going to the Magento admin panel and navigating to Stores > Configuration > Advanced > Advanced. Look for the module Magento_CatalogWidget and ensure that it is enabled.

2. Clear the cache: Go to System > Cache Management and flush all caches.

3. Make sure that the theme you are using has not overridden the Magento_CatalogWidget module. You can check this by switching to a default Magento theme like Luma or Magento Blank and seeing if the issue persists.

4. If the above steps do not resolve the issue, you may need to check the code for the widget and ensure that it is referencing the correct block type for the product list.

I hope this helps! Make sure for kudos if it is helpful.