cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fixed prices for each currency

SOLVED

Re: Fixed prices for each currency

Hi @glenn_barr 

After changing the base currency have you done reindexing once?

@Rahul Gupta

yes, have reindexed. It seems that the Euro store I'm setting up has its currency fixed at Euros and unable to be changed.

the product display page is still only showing GBP. If I only allow Euros as the currency, it still only shows GBP...

Will keep having a play. Thank you again for your time.

Hi @glenn_barr 

Please check this extension,it is providing everything which you wanted.

https://marketplace.magento.com/magepluginsnet-mp-advancedpricing.html

Thanks

@Rahul Gupta looks like that's for 1.x, so won't fit.

(we're in the 2.x forum)

@Rahul Gupta which was suggested in the very first reply to this thread...

@glenn_barr i have checked its demo and it is working as per your requirement.

Please have a look and if it is working fine, give Kudos and "Accept it as Solution".

Thanks

@glenn_barr  then what is the problem you are facing with this extension?

@Rahul Gupta being new to the Magento community and coming from another fully open-source community, buying a $200 extension is not going to be the first thing I do to try and solve a problem, hence why asking if this is something that I should be able to do using the tools I already have.

I'm still very much trying to test out Magento while integrating with another CMS.

Hello, if you want to sell products in different territories with fixed prices using local currencies, you may run multiple stores, as your marked solutions also suggested. For example, exampleshop.com for your US market, exampleshop.co.uk for your UK market, and exampleshop.eu for your Europe market.

Among multiple shops, you may auto direct your visitors to correct URLs based on their locations. It prevents your visitors getting lost among multiple shops, and increases customer conversion rate. For example, you can potentially use Geo Targetly. Its Geo Redirect tool detects visitors locations and auto direct them. You can easily set up redirecting rules and integrate within a few steps. Magento is perfectly supported.

Hope it helps!