cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Free or not? (é gratuito ou não?)

SOLVED

Free or not? (é gratuito ou não?)

I am a programmer and in the past I made some integrations with Magento and until some time ago I was sure that it is free, but there is this issue of purchase by Adobe and many people now tell me that it is paid. Could someone clarify the issue for me? Is it paid or not paid? or is there a paid version and a free version and what are the limitations?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Re: Free or not? (é gratuito ou não?)

Hi @TECLESOFT 

Can you explain what kind of integration you did?

Adobe commerce is the paid version and Adobe open source is the free version at present.

Thanks

---
Problem Solved Click Accept as Solution!:Magento Community India Forum

View solution in original post

Hello @TECLESOFT ,

Adobe just acquired Magento, so before it happened magento had both versions, Community(free) and Enterprise(Paid).
They renamed it to Adobe open source and Adobe commerce which has no impact on Magento free version (related to pricing).
If you have purchased any 3rd party module you can contact the vendor and check if they provide module for free version.

You can find the difference in Adobe Commerce and Adobe open source here : 
https://amasty.com/knowledge-base/magento-2-ce-vs-ee.html

Hope it helps !

Problem Solved ? Click on 'Kudos' & Accept as Solution ! Smiley Happy

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Hi @TECLESOFT 

Can you explain what kind of integration you did?

Adobe commerce is the paid version and Adobe open source is the free version at present.

Thanks

---
Problem Solved Click Accept as Solution!:Magento Community India Forum

So from what I understand Adobe took Magento and made its version and charges for this version (it's the paid version). But there is still the free version, is it?When I say that I did integration, I was integrating ecommerce systems (virtual stores) with some internal ERP systems, but this was even before adobe thought about marketing Magento. And what are the differences (limitations between the free and currently paid version of Magento?

Hello @TECLESOFT ,

Adobe just acquired Magento, so before it happened magento had both versions, Community(free) and Enterprise(Paid).
They renamed it to Adobe open source and Adobe commerce which has no impact on Magento free version (related to pricing).
If you have purchased any 3rd party module you can contact the vendor and check if they provide module for free version.

You can find the difference in Adobe Commerce and Adobe open source here : 
https://amasty.com/knowledge-base/magento-2-ce-vs-ee.html

Hope it helps !

Problem Solved ? Click on 'Kudos' & Accept as Solution ! Smiley Happy