cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fresh installation on Debian - main.CRITICAL: Circular dependency

Fresh installation on Debian - main.CRITICAL: Circular dependency

I just performed a clean installation of Magento ver. 2.2.6 on Debian 9.6.

I can access the admin area just fine, but when I visit the website I get an error saying:

An error has happened during application run. See excepton log for details. Could not write error message to log. Please use developer mode to see the message.

So I checked var/log/exception.log and these messages appear:

[2018-11-13 18:20:55] main.CRITICAL: Circular dependency: Magento\Catalog\Model\Indexer\Product\Price\Plugin\TableResolver depends on Magento\Catalog\Model\Indexer\Product\Price\Plugin\TableResolver and vice versa. {"exception":"[object] (LogicException(code: 0): Circular dependency: Magento\\Catalog\\Model\\Indexer\\Product\\Price\\Plugin\\TableResolver depends on Magento\\Catalog\\Model\\Indexer\\Product\\Price\\Plugin\\TableResolver and vice versa. at /var/www/html/magento/vendor/magento/framework/ObjectManager/Factory/Dynamic/Developer.php:55)"} []
[2018-11-13 18:21:17] main.CRITICAL: Circular dependency: Magento\Catalog\Model\Indexer\Product\Price\Plugin\TableResolver depends on Magento\Catalog\Model\Indexer\Product\Price\Plugin\TableResolver and vice versa. {"exception":"[object] (LogicException(code: 0): Circular dependency: Magento\\Catalog\\Model\\Indexer\\Product\\Price\\Plugin\\TableResolver depends on Magento\\Catalog\\Model\\Indexer\\Product\\Price\\Plugin\\TableResolver and vice versa. at /var/www/html/magento/vendor/magento/framework/ObjectManager/Factory/Dynamic/Developer.php:55)"} []
[2018-11-13 18:21:26] main.CRITICAL: Circular dependency: Magento\Catalog\Model\Indexer\Product\Price\Plugin\TableResolver depends on Magento\Catalog\Model\Indexer\Product\Price\Plugin\TableResolver and vice versa. {"exception":"[object] (LogicException(code: 0): Circular dependency: Magento\\Catalog\\Model\\Indexer\\Product\\Price\\Plugin\\TableResolver depends on Magento\\Catalog\\Model\\Indexer\\Product\\Price\\Plugin\\TableResolver and vice versa. at /var/www/html/magento/vendor/magento/framework/ObjectManager/Factory/Dynamic/Developer.php:55)"} []

This is the first time I install magento so I'm not experienced with it. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Fresh installation on Debian - main.CRITICAL: Circular dependency

Hi @aristos_vasiliou

I understand the problem you are facing !

Do one thing, Open your SSH command line console , go to the root directory of magento 2 and run below commands in sequence : 

rm -rf generated
rm -rf var/cache
php bin/magento setup:di:compile
php bin/magento setup:static-content:deploy -f
php bin/magento cache:clean
php bin/magento cache:flush

Hope it helps !

if issue solved,Click Kudos & Accept as Solution

Hi, thank for your reply.

The script runs successfully, but then magento is not accessible. Neither the admin area, or the customer view. I know apache is running because the default page is accessible, but magento is not.

Compilation was started.
Interception cache generation... 7/7 [============================] 100% 45 secs 286.0 MiB
Generated code and dependency injection configuration successfully.

Deploy using quick strategy
frontend/Magento/blank/en_US            2126/2126           ============================ 100% %  19 secs
adminhtml/Magento/backend/en_US         2101/2101           ============================ 100% %  7 secs
frontend/Magento/luma/en_US             2142/2142           ============================ 100% %  10 secs

Execution time: 63.12451004982
Cleaned cache types:
config
layout
block_html
collections
reflection
db_ddl
eav
customer_notification
config_integration
config_integration_api
full_page
config_webservice
translate
Flushed cache types:
config
layout
block_html
collections
reflection
db_ddl
eav
customer_notification
config_integration
config_integration_api
full_page
config_webservice
translate

Browser error:

This page isn’t working my_domain.com is currently unable to handle this request.
HTTP ERROR 500

For now I reverted to a previous snapshot, so the admin area is good again, but the customer view is not.

any help on this?

Had the same issue, tried the suggested solution and got the same 500 error. Solved it by giving permissions to the generated files (was root)

It was a permission issue as you pointed out. No need to delete any files. Just change permission and restart Apache. We are all set. Thanks for your pointer.

$:/var/www/html# chown -R www-data:www-data *

$:/var/www/html#

$:/var/www/html# sudo service apache2 restart