cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can i transfer my website to magento 2.0 from wordpress

SOLVED

How can i transfer my website to magento 2.0 from wordpress

Hello there,

I am looking for a solution/suggestion for my website to my into Magento 2.0 with full files which are public_html with database 7.0 as there are products and pages (also categories) then how can I do that.

Here is a link kindly check and suggest me

https://flowerportal.in/

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: How can i transfer my website to magento 2.0 from wordpress

Hi @smileback 

Migrating your WordPress website into the Magento 2.3.X latest version It is a very broad topic.

On a quick solution/suggestion you will require to start from scratch and need to follow the following steps :

• If we talk about migration then you can only do migration from your WordPress site to Magento is - Data Migration
  • For the theme and design migration - you will require to create a new theme in Magento from scratch there is no direct way to convert your WordPress site theme to the Magento theme.
  • For the products/categories yes if you don't want to create a script for migration then you can export those data from WordPress and import into the Magento for quick Migration.
  • For custom module/customization which you have made on the WordPress site that is also required to build from scratch on the Magento site.
  • So on a conclusion, I would suggest setup the latest vanilla version of Magento on your local/server and then starting converting your site from WordPress to Magento.

Hope it helps!

if issue solved,Click Kudos & Accept as Solution

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12

Hi @smileback 

Migrating your WordPress website into the Magento 2.3.X latest version It is a very broad topic.

On a quick solution/suggestion you will require to start from scratch and need to follow the following steps :

• If we talk about migration then you can only do migration from your WordPress site to Magento is - Data Migration
  • For the theme and design migration - you will require to create a new theme in Magento from scratch there is no direct way to convert your WordPress site theme to the Magento theme.
  • For the products/categories yes if you don't want to create a script for migration then you can export those data from WordPress and import into the Magento for quick Migration.
  • For custom module/customization which you have made on the WordPress site that is also required to build from scratch on the Magento site.
  • So on a conclusion, I would suggest setup the latest vanilla version of Magento on your local/server and then starting converting your site from WordPress to Magento.

Hope it helps!

if issue solved,Click Kudos & Accept as Solution

Is magento better than wordpress? What are the benefits you saw after migrating to magento. I also want to migrate my website to magento.

Magento is good for any website. I actually moved WordPress to Magento and have had no issues with it. However, I am not a master of Magento. I am thinking about switching because I want to start an education website. There are a few different options to look into when choosing a platform for your website. WordPress, for example, is a great way to start because it’s free. If you want to start a high-end website, then you may need to upgrade.

Thanks for the perfect way to migrate a website from wordpress to magento. Currently my website blog https://bestsmarthomeart.com/ running on wordpress. I am planning to migrate it to the Magento.

I have one question. Do I need to install the SSL separately when migrating the site from wordpress to Magento. If yes, please guide me how.

Regards

Izwa

Spoiler
 For the products/categories yes if you don't want to create a script for migration then you can export those data from WordPress and import into the Magento for quick Migration. Palo Alto Networks PSE-Strata Dumps Questions

I also want to migrate my running website, but I want to know more regarding Magento, which benefits we can get than WordPress?

I also want to migrate my website from wordpress to magento but can someone tell me will it hurt my seo or not?

I also want to move my zinitevi apk website, which is an entertainment service blog, to Magento. Magento is a fantastic platform for building any type of website.

I also want to move my cashzillo website, which is finance info blog to Magento. Magento is a fast CMS.