cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can i transfer my website to magento 2.0 from wordpress

SOLVED

How can i transfer my website to magento 2.0 from wordpress

Hello there,

I am looking for a solution/suggestion for my website to my into Magento 2.0 with full files which are public_html with database 7.0 as there are products and pages (also categories) then how can I do that.

Here is a link kindly check and suggest me

https://flowerportal.in/

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: How can i transfer my website to magento 2.0 from wordpress

Hi @smileback 

Migrating your WordPress website into the Magento 2.3.X latest version It is a very broad topic.

On a quick solution/suggestion you will require to start from scratch and need to follow the following steps :

• If we talk about migration then you can only do migration from your WordPress site to Magento is - Data Migration
  • For the theme and design migration - you will require to create a new theme in Magento from scratch there is no direct way to convert your WordPress site theme to the Magento theme.
  • For the products/categories yes if you don't want to create a script for migration then you can export those data from WordPress and import into the Magento for quick Migration.
  • For custom module/customization which you have made on the WordPress site that is also required to build from scratch on the Magento site.
  • So on a conclusion, I would suggest setup the latest vanilla version of Magento on your local/server and then starting converting your site from WordPress to Magento.

Hope it helps!

if issue solved,Click Kudos & Accept as Solution

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

Hi @smileback 

Migrating your WordPress website into the Magento 2.3.X latest version It is a very broad topic.

On a quick solution/suggestion you will require to start from scratch and need to follow the following steps :

• If we talk about migration then you can only do migration from your WordPress site to Magento is - Data Migration
  • For the theme and design migration - you will require to create a new theme in Magento from scratch there is no direct way to convert your WordPress site theme to the Magento theme.
  • For the products/categories yes if you don't want to create a script for migration then you can export those data from WordPress and import into the Magento for quick Migration.
  • For custom module/customization which you have made on the WordPress site that is also required to build from scratch on the Magento site.
  • So on a conclusion, I would suggest setup the latest vanilla version of Magento on your local/server and then starting converting your site from WordPress to Magento.

Hope it helps!

if issue solved,Click Kudos & Accept as Solution

Is magento better than wordpress? What are the benefits you saw after migrating to magento. I also want to migrate my website to magento.

Magento is good for any website. I actually moved WordPress to Magento and have had no issues with it. However, I am not a master of Magento. I am thinking about switching because I want to start an education website. There are a few different options to look into when choosing a platform for your website. WordPress, for example, is a great way to start because it’s free. If you want to start a high-end website, then you may need to upgrade.

Thanks for the perfect way to migrate a website from wordpress to magento. Currently my website blog https://bestsmarthomeart.com/ running on wordpress. I am planning to migrate it to the Magento.

I have one question. Do I need to install the SSL separately when migrating the site from wordpress to Magento. If yes, please guide me how.

Regards

Izwa

I also want to migrate my running website, but I want to know more regarding Magento, which benefits we can get than WordPress?

I also want to migrate my website from wordpress to magento but can someone tell me will it hurt my seo or not?

I also want to move my zinitevi apk website, which is an entertainment service blog, to Magento. Magento is a fantastic platform for building any type of website.

I also want to move my cashzillo website, which is finance info blog to Magento. Magento is a fast CMS.

I recently encountered a similar situation when migrating my 4k Body lift website, and I can offer some suggestions for your transition to Magento 2.0. Firstly, ensure that you have a backup of your website's files and database to avoid any data loss. Next, install Magento 2.0 on your server and transfer the files from your public_html folder to the appropriate location in Magento's file structure. Then, import your database into Magento 2.0 by creating a new database in MySQL 7.0 and importing the SQL dump. After that, update the configuration files in Magento to connect to the new database. Finally, you may need to adjust the settings, themes, and extensions to align with Magento 2.0. It is crucial to thoroughly test your migrated website to ensure that all products, pages, categories, and functionality are working correctly. I hope this helps, and best of luck with your migration process!