cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to set Tiered Pricing on Configurable Products using Price Rules

How to set Tiered Pricing on Configurable Products using Price Rules

All of my googling tells me that Magento 2 no longer supports price tiers for configurable products. Only simple products can have price tiers.

The results also point me to using Price Rules.

How do I setup MARKETING > Catalog Price Rule(s) to get price tiers at different order quantities?

The pages are not very intuitive and I cannot find how to set quality break points.

11 REPLIES 11

Re: How to set Tiered Pricing on Configurable Products using Price Rules

As an alternative to tier price option, you can set different discount rules for any product depend on quantity.

YES BUT HOW. It's so unintuitive. Can't make it happen.

Example:

We've got a product "Widget" that comes in 1 in., 2 in. and 3 in. sizes.

The 1 in. price for 0-9 order qty is $2.00

The 1 in. price for 10-19 order qty is $1.75

The 1 in. price for 20+ order qty is $1.25

The 2 in. price for 0-9 order qty is $2.25

The 2 in. price for 10-19 order qty is $2.00

The 2 in. price for 20+ order qty is $1.50

The 3 in. price for 0-9 order qty is $2.50

The 3 in. price for 10-19 order qty is $2.25

The 3 in. price for 20+ order qty is $1.75

Easily done with simple products, How do you do it with configurable products?

Take a look at the article to create catalog price rule http://www.hostknox.com/tutorials/magento/catalog-price-rules
Follow the steps written there and replace the condition part with below reference:

1. Create Rule : Product Id = X And qty >= 0 to Qty <= 9
2. Create Rule : Product Id = X And qty >= 10 to Qty <= 19
3. Create Rule : Product Id = X And qty >= 20

For each rule, set discount in such way so customer get same quantity price according to your requirements.

Let me know if you still need more assistance.

Did you ever figure this out? I am running into the same problem. Client sells GlassEyes with different colors. I set up the tier pricing but unless the customer purchases all red eyes, no discount applies. I'd like the qty discount on any color eyes of the same. 

So basically my client has several skus of eyes each with their own sizes and colors and they have different qty discounts for each. Shopping cart rules don't work. Tiered pricing works only on qty of the same color and size. So I'm stuck.

If I could somehow add a "Discounts apply to mixed attributes" to the tiered pricing in magento community that would be terrific. Does anyone know of an extension that can do that? 

It's not possible to offer discounts for multi buy across products in Magento. You'll need our extension "Tiered Pricing Across Multiple Products" to do this. 

http://webshopapps.com/tiered-pricing-across-multiple-products-for-magento-2.html

Hi all,

we have developed a great extension to help you with this problem. With our extension you can set Tier Prices at only one simple associated product and set the extension so that these tier prices are used on all the simple products. Next to that there are a lot more features like using prices for mixed qty, auto add tier price quantity etc. This extension is upgraded often with new features. When you have an idea, drop us a mail. Here the extension: 

https://www.best4mage.com/configurable-products-and-tier-prices-for-magento-2.html

I've done this easily.. Customer sells mens and womens shirts with various colors and sizes.  The shirts are all in one category together, so I have a rule that says if quantity in cart of items in that category is >30 and <45, then take $1 off each of the items, limited to the items in the category.  I have one rule for each range of values and it works perfectly.  If you order x shirts across mens/womens , sizes and colors, it discounts based on the total.  

No plug ins required. 

Hi,

Of course you can do a lot with price rules. However tier pricing is also a great Marketing Tool to get youy buyers to buy more. Therefore it is a great benefit that a tier price table is visible. We in our store also have different tier prices for differnt products and then it will be a struggle to get things done with price rules.

Therefore we have bought the extension from Best4Mage mentioned here. It does it all and has a few other great features we liked. We bought it in combination with their Order Grid (it is completely free then).