cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation of Magento 2.1, is indeed, My Worse Experience too. Now I Hit 404 Error on all links

SOLVED

Installation of Magento 2.1, is indeed, My Worse Experience too. Now I Hit 404 Error on all links

By following the official documentation from Magento I managed to install magento 2.1 (with sample data) in my linux server with the following configuration:  

ubuntu version 16.10
apache version: 2.4
mysql versopm 14.14
php version: 7.0.8   

After "Setup Wizard installation". It shows Success screen:

Success ScreenSuccess Screen
However, when I load the home page it looks like the following with no css file loadded:
Home PageHome Page
When I click upon any links (including admin URL) I get the 404 error:

404Screen.jpg
I have searched all documentation about any possible solution. None works for me.   Can anyone help resolve this problem? I would appeciate it if anyone can reply to my post regarding the issue. I posted a message, seeking help a few days ago. But I have got no reply at all. I am hoping this is the right forum to post questions!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Installation of Magento 2.1, is indeed, My Worse Experience too. Now I Hit 404 Error on all link

Problem solved! I have enabled the modules by using:

sudo a2enmod rewrite

Minda

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Re: Installation of Magento 2.1, is indeed, My Worse Experience too. Now I Hit 404 Error on all link

I've had so many more issues with M2 compared to M1 when it comes to installation and configuration. My store isn't live yet so I'm hoping it gets easier. It's still worth going with M2 because it has lots of potential.

make sure your Magento .htaccess file is in your web root.

Can you post your apache error log when you try to access the website?

Problem solved! I have enabled the modules by using:

sudo a2enmod rewrite

Minda

Thanks for your reply. I have made my installation successful and it works with no problem now! I guess Magento's documentation is insufficient to cover any successful installation. 

Minda

Hallelujah! My long quest for the answer to this @#%@#%@% problem has been found! Thanks, mindaji, After trying for 2 days your answer did the trick. Maybe it was a multi-part problem and some of the other suggestions brought it to a place where yours worked, but we only remember the last thing that worked. So thanks!

You enter this command this "sudo a2enmod rewrite" to SSH (putty) command line?

In my case, it says in SSH that "command not found"...

I have exactly same problem.. any help would be appreciated!

Hi, i am new user of magento, i am also facing of your as experience. 

Whiche way you solve it by 'sudo a2enmod rewrite'?

Could you explain please.

Reg.

Nayeem

Nayeem