cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installing Magento CE 2.4.1 on cPanel

Installing Magento CE 2.4.1 on cPanel

I seem to be missing a rather basic concept and can't figure out for the life of me how to get past this step. But I've downloaded the Magento CE 2.4.1 with Sample Data and successfully uploaded and extracted / set permissions for all directories. I have the required PHP modules and have a high enough PHP Limit. However the Magento Setup page keeps telling me I need to complete the setup process via the CLI. So what am I missing? Did I download the wrong version to setup on our cPanel Server? I know I for sure have installed a prior version of magento on this server before and I swear I used the web install. 

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Installing Magento CE 2.4.1 on cPanel

Hello @ordersc47sc242 ,

Previously you could install Magento from frontend but after new release Magento has to be installed via command line.

In order to complete to the process of setup your Magento, you have to install it via command line (ssh to your server), and run below command :

php bin/magento setup:install --base-url=http://127.0.0.1/magento2/ \
--db-host=localhost --db-name=magento --db-user=magento --db-password=magento \
--admin-firstname=Magento --admin-lastname=User --admin-email=user@example.com \
--admin-user=admin --admin-password=admin123 --language=en_US \
--currency=USD --timezone=America/Chicago --use-rewrites=1 \
--search-engine=elasticsearch7 --elasticsearch-host=es-host.example.com \
--elasticsearch-port=9200

Note : Enter the required details in above command.

after you successfully install the Magento, run below commands :

php bin/magento deploy:mode:set developer
php bin/magento setup:upgrade
php bin/magento setup:di:compile
php bin/magento setup:static-content:deploy -f
php bin/magento cache:flush

Hope it helps !

Problem Solved ? Click on 'Kudos' & Accept as Solution ! Smiley Happy

Hello there I will give your method a try, thanks!

So if I was to want to be a magento web-host provider, I take it now you would need to allow shell access to end users for them to use magento as there is no way any longer to install without? Is that correct mostly?

I also notice you can install it via Fantastico as I added that to our server last night to give it a try and successfully installed with that. 

Hi @ordersc47sc242,

It is unable to set up Magento version 2.4 (and above) through user interface. You have to install it via command line.  

Hope this can help you! Let me know if you need further assistance. 

If issue solved, Click Kudos & Accept as Solution

LitExtension - #1 Shopping Cart Migration Expert

LitExtension helps store owners and agencies migrate all important data from one eCommerce platform to another accurately, securely and at the highest speed.

Visit website: http://litextension.com/