cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Magento Community Extension Vendors being unprofessional, condescending & unconsiderate (Rant)

Magento Community Extension Vendors being unprofessional, condescending & unconsiderate (Rant)

I've been using Magento for a year now and I've noticed that there's a culture in the Magento community of vendors being condescending and unconsiderate to customers. You buy their extensions while hoping they'll sustain their claim of 24/7 hour support, only to get answers 24 hours later, asking you for admin access to your site when an issue arrises. In my many years of experience with WordPress, which is also extensions based, never have any vendor asked me for admin access. So why is it that in the magento community this is normal? Please lets stop with behaviours like these. It is unprofessional at best. Vendors please: Do not ask for admin access to your customers. When we ask for support with an issue, try to understand the customer and the issue, replicate the issue and fix it. Document your extensions well. A couple of screenshots for ads is not the same as documentation. Do not ask your customers to edit source code directly or apply patches Reply in a timely fashion. e-Commerce is an fast moving area and taking 24 hours to to get support on an issue with an extension typically means losing a lot of money. Thanks

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Magento Community Extension Vendors being unprofessional, condescending & unconsiderate (Ran

I don't they are unprofessional, they are doing a great job and into the market like king,

what made you think in such a way,

need to know about it btw.

www.catmouse.fun/

Re: Magento Community Extension Vendors being unprofessional, condescending & unconsiderate (Ran

There's no doubt about it. They are providing good service which doesn't have any kind of issues. He might have got it mistakenly. 

Cyberflix apk

Thanks for your feedback on community!