cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New magento supports PHP 5.5.0 or later. Error

New magento supports PHP 5.5.0 or later. Error

I've had magento 2 installed and running for the past week but this morning it started generating a php error:

Magento supports PHP 5.5.0 or later. Please read Magento System Requirements.

I've contacted my webhost and they say nothing has changed on there servers and that they have been running php version 5.4.4.5 all allong. Anyone have any idea why this error only started showing up today?

7 REPLIES 7

Re: New magento supports PHP 5.5.0 or later. Error

That it because Magento self-checks its system requirements. You should move to a hosting with more modern software environment.

You clearly didn't read my question very carefully. 

How did you originally install? via CLI or Web Setup? If you setup via CLI, the php version for may be different than that configured for web.

Same issue. Downloaded from Magento site. If anyone can include specific instructions on how to resolve that would be much appreciated!

Hello,

Create file with content:

<?php
phpinfo();

Upload it to your host as phpinfo.php

Provide URL here so I can open it with my browser.

Or provide all PHP configuration content here.

Stanislav

Actually ditched MAMP Pro and ended up setting up AMPPS. I updated my bash profile to the following so that it's using PHP versioning from AMPPS: 

export PATH="/Applications/AMPPS/php/bin:/Applications/AMPPS/mysql/bin:$PATH"

All is well in development land now.

Index Error using SSH Re: New magento supports PHP 5.5.0 or later. Error

I was trying to use ssh to reindex my store automatically and got the same magento supports PHP 5.5.0 or later. Error when running the following command.

php /bin/magento indexer:reindex

I figured out that you need to specify exactly the location to php and the location of your file like this

/opt/plesk/php/5.6/bin/php /var/www/vhosts/domainname.com/httpdocs/bin/magento indexer:reindex

finally worked perfect for me

I don't know what the url to php is for cpanel or your host but this was for plesk.