cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The account sign-in was incorrect or your account is disabled temporarily. Please wait and try again

The account sign-in was incorrect or your account is disabled temporarily. Please wait and try again

Hello,

I've installed Magento 2.3.5-p1 but I can't login in the backend. I'm getting this error message : The account sign-in was incorrect or your account is disabled temporarily. Please wait and try again later.

I've tried resetting the admin password, creating a new admin user with no avail.

Login on the frontend works fine.

Any advises?
11 REPLIES 11

Re: The account sign-in was incorrect or your account is disabled temporarily. Please wait and try a

Hello @seasonofmist ,

Due to security reasons, Magento has introduced account disabled functionality with considering the security of the business. 

Here is how you can unlock and Go to your Magento root folder via SSH/PUTTY

Then run the following command

php bin/magento admin:user:unlock ADMINUSERNAME

Or jump into bin directory from Magento root: cd bin/

and then run the command

php magento admin:user:unlock ADMINUSERNAME

Please check the link below for reference

https://devdocs.magento.com/guides/v2.3/install-gde/install/cli/install-cli-subcommands-admin.html

Thanks.

Problem Solved? accept the solution and click kudos.

Re: The account sign-in was incorrect or your account is disabled temporarily. Please wait and try a

Thanks for the reply.

I've forgot to mention that I already tried to unlock the admin user. The command returns that the admin user is unlocked but I still can't access the backend.

Hello @seasonofmist ,

Go to your database and execute this query :

UPDATE admin_user SET password = CONCAT(SHA2('xxxxxxxYourNewPassword', 256), ':xxxxxxx:1') WHERE username = 'admin';

It will use to reset your password and you can log in by a new password.

Otherwise, you can create a new admin user using following command,

php bin/magento admin:user:create --admin-user USERNAME --admin-password PASSWORD --admin-email TEST@EMAIL.COM --admin-firstname FIRSTNAME --admin-lastname LASTNAME

Thanks .

Problem solved? accept the solution and click kudos

The error may occur due to various reasons. The admin password has an alpha character and a numeric character and which should be labeled as a bug if the password is not verified during the Magento installation. To solve it, you need to reset the password by clicking on Forgot Password.

Inserting a new admin user worked for me, i tried all other above steps and was not sucessfull

This error occurs due to Magento 2’s security system. Magento 2 will temporarily disable accounts that do not meet it’s password complexity requirements.

SET @salt = MD5(UNIX_TIMESTAMP());
UPDATE admin_user SET password = CONCAT(SHA2(CONCAT(@salt, 'NewP@ssword'), 256), ':', @salt, ':1') WHERE username = 'adminusername';

For more details - https://www.thecoachsmb.com/solved-admin-login-error/

Hello @seasonofmist 

There are 3 techniques to solve the issue of account sign-in was incorrect or account is temporarily disabled.

Technique 1: Unlock The Account

> Go to Magento Root using SSH/PUTTY

> Run

php bin/magento admin:user:unlock <username>

> Then, navigate Magento 2 root: cd bin/

> Run

php magento admin:user:unlock <username>

Technique 2: Check Database for Locked User

> Check admin_user table after connecting to your Database.

> Find out the locked user and make it active by setting is_active column 1.

Note: You may also try truncating the admin sessions table admin_user_session.

Technique 3: Create a New Account

> Run

php bin/magento admin:user:create --admin-user="username" --admin-password="mypassword"--admin- email="test@milople.com" --admin-firstname="Admin" --admin-lastname="Admin"

> Put -h to see required options.

Hope this information will be useful to you.

Give 'Kudo' and 'Accept as Solution' if an answer will be helpful.

Thanks!

There are 3 quick fixes for this. Have a look here.