cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Altering Product Price - 267 Items?

SOLVED

Altering Product Price - 267 Items?

Hello all

My Magento site happily/unhappily trundling along for many year requiring little technical intervention which is a great plus for me as I have zero experience of fixing it!

I'm still on Magento ver. 1.9.2.2.

We have very little income from our site probably because of some issues and other factors. I do find the investment I'd have to make to fix everything that's wrong, plus 'proper' hosting, would just make the whole thing not worthwhile! I don't even know how to mass update the pricing of our products! Yes, I should probably let it all go and move to a more understandable system like Shopify.

Can any one tell me how I can adjust pricing on some of our 500 products? E.g. there are 267 products priced at £13.99. Is there an 'easy' non-techy way to change the £13.99 to say £14.49 of the 267 products?

Many thanks 

John

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Altering Product Price - 267 Items?

Hi @StitchUp ,

You can alter price of product using below steps:

1. In admin > Catalog > Manage Products

2. Add filter for the products whose price is £13.99 in from as well as to section.

3. Confirm all the filtered products have same price. (example 13.99)

4. Select all the products and from actions select Update attributes. Click Submit.

5. In the new page, click on the price change checkbox and set new value of price £14.49.

6. Click on the save.

7. Check in the admin now all products price should be like 14.49

8. If new price is not appearing on the front end, try to do the re indexing on your site.

Note: Before applying the changes on the live site, try these steps on development/ staging site. Please try to understand the process before hampering live site.

----

Problem solved? Click Accept as Solution!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Hi @StitchUp ,

You can alter price of product using below steps:

1. In admin > Catalog > Manage Products

2. Add filter for the products whose price is £13.99 in from as well as to section.

3. Confirm all the filtered products have same price. (example 13.99)

4. Select all the products and from actions select Update attributes. Click Submit.

5. In the new page, click on the price change checkbox and set new value of price £14.49.

6. Click on the save.

7. Check in the admin now all products price should be like 14.49

8. If new price is not appearing on the front end, try to do the re indexing on your site.

Note: Before applying the changes on the live site, try these steps on development/ staging site. Please try to understand the process before hampering live site.

----

Problem solved? Click Accept as Solution!

Thank you so much for taking the time to reply Smiley Happy
I'll try your suggestion when I get home.

Stay safe

John