cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CSV file headers meanings

CSV file headers meanings

Hi All, new to the site and new to this beast called Magento! Very simple question. We are working on building our B2C site with a software dev company. They have sent over a csv file for me to fill out. However, I'm not sure what some of the headers/category columns even mean. Is their anything on the forum that breaks down the meaning of each category header of the csv file?

Apologies if I'm posting this in the wrong area of the forum. Thank you in advance for any direction!

2 REPLIES 2

Re: CSV file headers meanings

I don't believe there's an official guide for CSV export headings. Are there particular ones that you need help with?

It might be easier to create a couple of test products in your Magento instance first. Then conduct an export and the columns should make a little more sense as you'll be able to tie up how columns match what you've added in admin. 

----
If you've found one of my answers useful, please give "Kudos" or "Accept as Solution" as appropriate. Thanks!

Re: CSV file headers meanings

Here are listed main columns for Magento 1 export/import  with headings explained - 

https://www.mag-manager.com/useful-articles/tipstricks/required-csv-file-values-for-error-free-magen...

Hope this will be helpful.