cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't find system configuration!!!

Can't find system configuration!!!

Hi everyone!

I'm new to Magento and am having trouble finding the system configuration tab to see my plugins and checkout etc. I'm using Magento version 1.9.3.6 and under the System tab I only have 2 options, neither of which is Configuration. I've searched a lot online and everything I have read or seen points me to the System tab, and I've scoured the rest of my control panel with no luck! Can someone please help me find the configuration??

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6

Re: Can't find system configuration!!!

Hi @azzam_alkadhi

Welcome to the magento community forum.

Well , could you please provide screenshot of your system-> menu of your magento admin panel. so its helpful us to troubleshoot your issue.

also check the error log of you system in var directory and post if any error log is there so its helpful to us.

if issue solved,Click Kudos & Accept as Solution

Hi @Manthan Dave,

Many thanks for your response. Attached is a screenshot of the admin panel. As you can see, there are only two options under System.

As for the error log, I'm not sure where to find it.

I hope you can help!

Screen Shot 2018-04-24 at 7.29.21 AM.png

Hello @azzam_alkadhi

I am not able to see your shared image.

Can you please confirm you have master admin access?

Problem solved? Click Kudos & Accept as Solution!
Sunil Patel
Magento 2 Certified Professional Developer & Frontend Developer

Hi @azzam_alkadhi

If you are working on some clients project then you might have restricted access to the admin resources. This may be the reason because of which you are able to see only two option under system menu.

Is the site a fresh installation?

---
Problem Solved Click Accept as Solution!:Magento Community India Forum

Hi @Mukesh Tiwari,

It is actually our website, which is fairly recent (a few months). It was set up by a web developer who only recently handed over the access, so it may be possible that he has us on restricted access. Unfortunately he is currently not responding so we are unable to confirm!

Hi @azzam_alkadhi

Yes you are correct now , actually the web developer who is working for you has given a limited access to you.

so you can do only those things like clear the cache and indexing and all.

developer has assigned only very minimal permission to the user which is given to you and which is you are using.

so if you wanted to access all the options of system and other configuration , you definitely needed admin access with all the permissions.

kindly ask your web developer to give you admin access.

Also if you have database access then you can create new admin user from there . here i am sharing link how to create admin user from database with all the permissions - https://stuntcoders.com/snippets/create-magento-admin-user-through-database/

if issue solved,Click Kudos & Accept as Solution