cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

E-mail templates

SOLVED

E-mail templates

Hi,

I've created a few e-mail templates and assigned them to their rightful places etc.

However, the 'Forgotten Password' template is assigned to the right place but still the default Magento one shows when I test it.

Anyone else had this problem?

Cheers,

Max.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: E-mail templates

Ahh I think i missed something... is this the forgot password a customer or for the admin user?

You say you changed it in Admin > Admin Us er Emails - thats solely for when an admin forgets his password .. however - if you're after the customer forgot password that needs setting up in "Customers > Customer Configuration > Forgot Email Template"

Problem solved? Click Accept as Solution!
Magento Certified Developer Plus | www.iwebsolutions.co.uk | Magento Small Business Partner

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Maxpickup,

Can you confirm where you have assigned the forgot your password template?

Also - do you have any additional store-views in your setup?

Magento Certified Developer Plus | www.iwebsolutions.co.uk | Magento Small Business Partner

Hi,

I have assigned it to System > Configuration > Admin > Admin User E-mails > Forgotten Password E-mail Template.

Yes, I currently have 5 store views.

Cheers,

Max.

Have you set the email template for each relavent store view as well??

E.g. Changed the admin scope?

Not yet, I've turned all the other stores off and am just working on the English one at the moment.

Weird that all the other email templates have changed but that one...

Ahh I think i missed something... is this the forgot password a customer or for the admin user?

You say you changed it in Admin > Admin Us er Emails - thats solely for when an admin forgets his password .. however - if you're after the customer forgot password that needs setting up in "Customers > Customer Configuration > Forgot Email Template"

Sorry I wasn't being very clear haha

Yes, that was it thanks a lot!

Hi.

I got 2 store views. Everything seems to be translated on frontend but not the emails (at least the recovery passwor) and some user messages on screen (ex: If there is an account associated with jorge.silva@tinsight.pt you will receive an email with a link to reset your password.)

I will workout the messages after but just got 1 "Forgot Email Template" avaliable on Admin. Any ideia/help why is this happening?

Thanks