cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extra layer of security

SOLVED

Extra layer of security

I have a customer group that will contain about 100 customers I intend to introduce to my site via the back end.  I would like to add an extra layer of security should any of their account details change. The account info will be entered manually and it is a backstop security measure in case the information sent to the customer accidentally fall into the wrong hands and gets misused.

I have tried looking for an extension that locks the shipping address to prevent changes but without success. Perhas that is not the best way though.

So essentially it is a verification process I am looking to implement should any changes occur. And if I can tie it to a specific custom group that would be ideal.

Perhaps you may have other suggestions for this as well that I haven't thought of yet. Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Extra layer of security

Basically you want somebody to write you an extension that creates an observer which gets triggered whenever user profile is saved. This observer should check if user belongs to a specific group and if true send a notification.

Tanel Raja

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

When asking questions like this one, I'd strongly recommend to explain what to you want to achieve instead of describing what do you want to do. My experience says that those are more often than not nowhere near each other.

Tanel Raja

OK. I would like to have magento notify me when any aspect of a customers Account Information or Address is changed by the customer. However I only want to be notified when this occurs with customers in a specific Customer Group. Ideally I would also like to be able to choose the email address the notification is sent to.

The purpose is to put a check in place to make us aware if another person has potentially gained access to the customers account and is changing information redirecting it to new address.

Basically you want somebody to write you an extension that creates an observer which gets triggered whenever user profile is saved. This observer should check if user belongs to a specific group and if true send a notification.

Tanel Raja

ok. I was hoping it may be a part of an existing extension.

Thanks for help.