cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Free Downloadable Product - Cannot check out - Magento 1.9.3

SOLVED

Free Downloadable Product - Cannot check out - Magento 1.9.3

Hi everyone!

I'm sure there must be itean easy fix for this, but after hours of searching and tweaking I cannot find it. I'm hoping one of you Magento geniuses can help!

I have 9 listings on my Magento store, which are product instructions. These are available as a free download. Customer must add to cart and check out in order to receive an email with the download. They should also be able to access the download from the confirmation page after check out. It was possible to add these to the cart and check out, but the download from confirmation page wasn't working.

I have tweaked the Configuration Settings and uploaded new images to my products and now it's not even possible to checkout!!! Oppps.

When I try to check out with one of the downloadable product in my cart, I only get as far as the Billing information step, when I get an error that tells me: 'Your order cannot be completed at this time as these is no payment methods available for it.'

Shopping cart - step 3Shopping cart - step 3Shopping cart - step 3 ERROR messageShopping cart - step 3 ERROR message

I cannot see an issue with my settings in Sytem > Configuration (below), nor with the items themselves. I have set the catalogue price to 0 and the download item price to 0. 

Configuration settings for downloadable productsConfiguration settings for downloadable productsHoping someone has some insights!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Free Downloadable Product - Cannot check out - Magento 1.9.3

Hello @annalisa_soldani

Go to your Magento Admin >> Stores >> Configuration >> Sales >> Payment Methods

and check if any payment method is available?

If not, then please enable at least one payment method.

If you find my answer useful, Please click Kudos & Accept as Solution.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Hello @annalisa_soldani

Go to your Magento Admin >> Stores >> Configuration >> Sales >> Payment Methods

and check if any payment method is available?

If not, then please enable at least one payment method.

If you find my answer useful, Please click Kudos & Accept as Solution.

Mayur - thank you so much for your help! That worked. I had previously checked the Payment Methods but only on the Default Config. You response prompted me to check the Payment Methods at the store level. It's kinda embarassing that I didn't check that before posting! Thanks again for your help. Smiley Very Happy