cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I determine what version of Magento 1.x I am running?

How can I determine what version of Magento 1.x I am running?

I am trying to assist a client in migrating their Magento implementation from a legacy server to a clean build, current Magento server.

How can I identify what release of Magento they're currently running, just from the raw files in the Magento home directory?   Their ISP has stopped the Apache server on their site, so I need to do my forensics using only the flat files on disk.

2 REPLIES 2

Re: How can I determine what version of Magento 1.x I am running?

Hello @robert_gordon,

4 Ways to check Magento Versions without code

• Add /magento_version
    This is actually not a service but a trick for you to quickly check the Magento 2 version website. Everything you need to do is to add /magento_version after your domain URL and go searching. This will give you a short answer of the Magento version and edition run on your website.
    https://www.screencast.com/t/2cqPVIpsg2
    check-magento-version-by-url.png

Checking Magento version with online tools

With the internet connected, you can easily determine which version of Magento that your webstore is on. Here are 3 fastest and simplest online tools that can show your Magento version in seconds just by typing the URL of your webstore.

• MagentoVersion.com
    This is a very easy way to determine which version of Magento you are using, working for both Community and Enterprise edition. You only have to insert your site URL to get the answer.

This online service shows you your current Magento version and the latest version of Magento, in both Community and Enterprise edition.

• MageScan.com
    MageScan is a service to helps webstore owners and developers check their sites against recommended Magento security standards. It helps determine the version of a Magento install by analyzing default Magento files and how they change between releases.

Entering your shop URL and MageScan will provide you not only version and edition of the Magento site but also other information like hosting provider, admin panel, logs, version control, development files, etc.

• MageReport.com
    MageReport is a free online tool allows users to check the status of their Magento sites with lightening quick results. The report not only contains current version of Magento used but also insights on the security status of the scanned webstores, and how to fix possible vulnerabilities as well.

--
If my answer is useful, please Accept as Solution & give Kudos

Re: How can I determine what version of Magento 1.x I am running?

The version of Magento 1 is stored in app/Mage.php:

public static function getVersionInfo()
    {
        return array(
            'major'     => '1',
            'minor'     => '9',
            'revision'  => '3',
            'patch'     => '6',
            'stability' => '',
            'number'    => '',
        );
    }