cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Magento Connect Manager Incorrect Configuration File

SOLVED

Magento Connect Manager Incorrect Configuration File

So I am trying to get into my Magento Connect Manager and I got what is listed in the subject. I can't find anything about it online. Earlier today I cleared the brute-force-bad-attempts-count in var/brute-force.ini because that is a fix for a different error with the magento connect manager, but that shouldn't be the reason for the error right?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Magento Connect Manager Incorrect Configuration File

Well I guess I fixed it. On a whim I looked at the brute-force.ini in the var folder and put line breaks between each of the things in the file because it was all on one line. That worked. That isn't a config file, not really anyway, so I didn't think it would do anything. shrugs

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

I still can't get into my connect manager if anyone has any ideas. The only thing I changed before this started happening was I cleared the brute-force.ini brute-force-bad-attempts so that I could get into it because that is what I did the last time I was getting issues.

I still can't access the Connect Manager. I was hoping some miracle would happen when Magento auto updated to 1.9.3.3 but it didn't. I would like to get in to know what extensions I will need when I go to Magento 2

Well two months have passed. I am not at 1.9.3.4 and still no luck. I have searched thoroughly on the internet to try and find an answer but everything I find doesn't work. 

What I have tried to do includes:

Deleting/Renaming the Connect.cfg and config.ini files so that new ones get made when going to it

Making sure that config.ini has only root_channel=community in it

I have checked the htaccess to look for anomalies but to no avail

Any other ideas or suggestions? I am somewhat at a loss here...

Well I guess I fixed it. On a whim I looked at the brute-force.ini in the var folder and put line breaks between each of the things in the file because it was all on one line. That worked. That isn't a config file, not really anyway, so I didn't think it would do anything. shrugs

Omg thank you so much! LIFE SAVER

You was the only one looking into this and have had the problem for a week 

@letssewllc wrote:

Hi I am also getting the same error Not valid config.ini file is correct root_channel=community so I looked for brute-force.ini and I don't have a file like this in my var directory what do I do?

I've reset that counter to 0 many times & never had a problem, but today i had exactly the same error. Thank you so much for posting this you just saved me lots of stress!

I have errors with incorrect addrss in the 

httpdocs / downloader / connect1.cfg

file but i cannot edit it or rename it.

The error arose from an address used when the site was being built on a different server.

Unable to rename /httpdocs/downloader/connect1.cfg: filemng failed: filemng: Error occurred during /bin/mv command.

So i cannot connect to connect manager log in

Any ideas please?