cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strange channel name under magento connect, and extension installed with 404 admin page

SOLVED

Strange channel name under magento connect, and extension installed with 404 admin page

Hi,

i'm mantaining a magento installation (1.9.3.2) with very limited programming skills; until now, everything fine.

I'm trying to install a new extension (facebook pixel integration) but i met multiple problems:

1) no access to magento connect; solved clearing brute-force.ini counter

2) cache and session cleaning error when installing plugin; solved updating downloader/Maed/Connect.php as found on https://magento.stackexchange.com/questions/154162/exception-during-cache-and-session-cleaning

3) HERE i'm lost. On magento connect i see 2 channels, one named Channel: Magento Community Edition, the other named d426fbb44a54ffd529c69d29c8e415b4, which i've never seen and sounds like a problem. All the extensions are installed on the first channel. When i install the extension it installs on this strangely named channel, with no choice.
4) When i get back to administration --> Configure i see a new section called Fb pixel but when i click i get a 404 page not found. The other extensions work fine. I tried installing other extension to see if this extension had troubles but i got the same 404 error page

I don't know if this happens because of point 2, or 3, or how to remove this strange channel.

Please help, and sorry for the lenghty help request.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Strange channel name under magento connect, and extension installed with 404 admin page

The 404 error sounds like you just need to log out of Magento admin and back in again to get the current admin user to get the right permissions to see that page. 

I'm not sure about that strange channel but it might be something to do with the decommissioning of Magento Connect which is no longer used to my knowledge. 

----
If you've found one of my answers useful, please give "Kudos" or "Accept as Solution" as appropriate. Thanks!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Strange channel name under magento connect, and extension installed with 404 admin page

The 404 error sounds like you just need to log out of Magento admin and back in again to get the current admin user to get the right permissions to see that page. 

I'm not sure about that strange channel but it might be something to do with the decommissioning of Magento Connect which is no longer used to my knowledge. 

----
If you've found one of my answers useful, please give "Kudos" or "Accept as Solution" as appropriate. Thanks!

You are perfectly right, i left the extension installed yesterday, logged in this morning and it's working; simplest solution, didn't think of it (and don't remember needing to do it on other extension but maybe i don't remember correctly).

Kudos will be given.

I didn't know that magento connect was decommisioned; what should i search for to install extensions ? i see articles that is moving to Marketplace, and i found this extension there, but once i selected it i got both a link or a zip but the only place i knew where to use it was the Magento Connect.

Any tips for the future is appreciated.

Magento Marketplace is the recommend site. If you get a download from there, you can use the Magento Download Manager within your Magento site to upload the file and install it. I don't think that pasting in a "key" will work any/or much longer. 

Alternatively, these package files are pretty much just a zipped up module so you can un tar.gz them on mac/linux or use 7zip on windows and get access to the underlying files and copy them into place manually. 

----