cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transactional Emails Dropdown List is Empty

Transactional Emails Dropdown List is Empty

I am currently trying to create a new email template, but I cannot access the default email templates. When I go to System->Transactional Emails->Add New Template, the dropdown list to load the default list is empty. 

Is there a way to fix this? Is there a way to create custom email templates another way in the meantime?

Magento Version 1.9.1

8 REPLIES 8

Re: Transactional Emails Dropdown List is Empty

I've seen this problem before and the cause for me has been a poorly written module that doesn't provide a Data.php helper that the admin normally requires (Even if the files is blank).

My guess would be that you're experiencing the same issue... perhaps try with a local install and then add the modules one by one and see if it disapears at anypoint?

Problem solved? Click Accept as Solution!
Magento Certified Developer Plus | www.iwebsolutions.co.uk | Magento Small Business Partner

Thanks for the reply! Excuse my lack of knowledge, but how would I go about doing that? 

^I am accidentally logged into my other account, I am also kevinwang234

If you have a local web development environment setup.. install magento on there (With no plugins/themes or modifications) - or - alternatively; if you don't do local development - setup another site if you can and install it on there.

Once its installed (with no mods) verify the drop down works as you think it should; then one by one.. install each modification / extension / theme that you currently have... and after each individual install - check the drop-down still exists and works as it did on the install with no mods etc..

Once it breaks - you've found your extension and we can take it from there.

Magento Certified Developer Plus | www.iwebsolutions.co.uk | Magento Small Business Partner

I see, I'll try that

Thanks!

It is the Shipworks extension that breaks it. What should I do with this knowledge? 

I take that back, there were a bunch of preinstalled extensions with community edition. I tried all other extensions, and it still works in my new install. 

What else should I do? 

In that case; perhaps look at the logs.... Firstly make sure they are enabled at System > Developer > Logs .

And then depending on how well built you store is; they may be noisy so you should clear them down first by deleting var/log/exception.log and var/log.system.log

Then refresh the admin page and check both the logs and paste any output back here to us.

Hi I am having this issue too after installing an extension. I am 99% it was that one, and my log also points to some errors (and mentions the extension). It seems like I was a common issue from the comments here: https://www.magentocommerce.com/magento-connect/customer-registration-email-notifications-by-ocodewi...

My Log:

2016-05-26T20:21:18+00:00 ERR (3): Warning: include(Mage/NotifyCustomer/Helper/Data.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/b2bdist/public_html/shoppingcart/lib/Varien/Autoload.php on line 94
2016-05-26T20:21:18+00:00 ERR (3): Warning: include(): Failed opening 'Mage/NotifyCustomer/Helper/Data.php' for inclusion (include_path='/home/b2bdist/public_html/shoppingcart/app/code/local:/home/b2bdist/public_html/shoppingcart/app/code/community:/home/b2bdist/public_html/shoppingcart/app/code/core:/home/b2bdist/public_html/shoppingcart/lib:.:/opt/alt/php55/usr/share/pear:/opt/alt/php55/usr/share/php') in /home/b2bdist/public_html/shoppingcart/lib/Varien/Autoload.php on line 94
2016-05-26T20:37:59+00:00 ERR (3): Warning: include(Mage/NotifyCustomer/Helper/Data.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/b2bdist/public_html/shoppingcart/lib/Varien/Autoload.php on line 94
2016-05-26T20:37:59+00:00 ERR (3): Warning: include(): Failed opening 'Mage/NotifyCustomer/Helper/Data.php' for inclusion (include_path='/home/b2bdist/public_html/shoppingcart/app/code/local:/home/b2bdist/public_html/shoppingcart/app/code/community:/home/b2bdist/public_html/shoppingcart/app/code/core:/home/b2bdist/public_html/shoppingcart/lib:.:/opt/alt/php55/usr/share/pear:/opt/alt/php55/usr/share/php') in /home/b2bdist/public_html/shoppingcart/lib/Varien/Autoload.php on line 94
2016-05-26T20:38:37+00:00 ERR (3): Warning: include(Mage/NotifyCustomer/Helper/Data.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/b2bdist/public_html/shoppingcart/lib/Varien/Autoload.php on line 94
2016-05-26T20:38:37+00:00 ERR (3): Warning: include(): Failed opening 'Mage/NotifyCustomer/Helper/Data.php' for inclusion (include_path='/home/b2bdist/public_html/shoppingcart/app/code/local:/home/b2bdist/public_html/shoppingcart/app/code/community:/home/b2bdist/public_html/shoppingcart/app/code/core:/home/b2bdist/public_html/shoppingcart/lib:.:/opt/alt/php55/usr/share/pear:/opt/alt/php55/usr/share/php') in /home/b2bdist/public_html/shoppingcart/lib/Varien/Autoload.php on line 94
2016-05-26T20:40:24+00:00 ERR (3): Warning: include(Mage/NotifyCustomer/Helper/Data.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/b2bdist/public_html/shoppingcart/lib/Varien/Autoload.php on line 94
2016-05-26T20:40:24+00:00 ERR (3): Warning: include(): Failed opening 'Mage/NotifyCustomer/Helper/Data.php' for inclusion (include_path='/home/b2bdist/public_html/shoppingcart/app/code/local:/home/b2bdist/public_html/shoppingcart/app/code/community:/home/b2bdist/public_html/shoppingcart/app/code/core:/home/b2bdist/public_html/shoppingcart/lib:.:/opt/alt/php55/usr/share/pear:/opt/alt/php55/usr/share/php') in /home/b2bdist/public_html/shoppingcart/lib/Varien/Autoload.php on line 94
2016-05-26T20:40:49+00:00 ERR (3): Warning: include(Mage/NotifyCustomer/Helper/Data.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/b2bdist/public_html/shoppingcart/lib/Varien/Autoload.php on line 94
2016-05-26T20:40:49+00:00 ERR (3): Warning: include(): Failed opening 'Mage/NotifyCustomer/Helper/Data.php' for inclusion (include_path='/home/b2bdist/public_html/shoppingcart/app/code/local:/home/b2bdist/public_html/shoppingcart/app/code/community:/home/b2bdist/public_html/shoppingcart/app/code/core:/home/b2bdist/public_html/shoppingcart/lib:.:/opt/alt/php55/usr/share/pear:/opt/alt/php55/usr/share/php') in /home/b2bdist/public_html/shoppingcart/lib/Varien/Autoload.php on line 94

Thanks!