cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updating product custom options - template modules and existing options

Updating product custom options - template modules and existing options

Hi 

I have thousands of 'Custom options' that need updating and it has been suggested that a 'Custom Option Template' module would be the solution. 

But do they work with existing 'custom options'?  

If I have one particular 'custom option' on 1400 products, can I apply a new template? and that would replace/take over control of the existing custom options? 

7 REPLIES 7

Re: Updating product custom options - template modules and existing options

Hello @rob_wood1 

I don't think so it will work with existing custom options but custom option template will make your work easier.. Yes you will have to create custom option template first and then assign it to all the products you want to have custom options.

Was my answer helpful? You can accept it as a solution.
175+ professional extensions for M1 & M2 with free lifetime updates!

Hi 

yes it seems i will need to create new templates for all options, then remove the existing options.  Then apply the new 'templates'

But does this remove all the csutom options from historical orders? 

Hi @rob_wood1 

There is many custom options template module available in the market but there is no any custom option extension will change the existing custom option available in your site. you have two solutions to achieve your requirements.

1. Add a new extension and create the option from there and assign to your products. and delete the existing one.

2. you export the product file from the Magento export module change the custom option from the CSV file based on your requirement and then re-import the file. in this case, you don't need to add the new extension and you can use your existing custom option.

If you get the solution then please, "Kudos" and "Accept as Solution" for Token of Appreciation.

Hi Deep_Popat

Sorry for the delay in responding. 

So we could install a 'Custom/template attribute/Product Options' extension.  replicate the existing attributes. 

Attach those to the products, then delete the existing Attributes?

Then export the product wiht the Custom Option that the price needs adjusting?

Hello @rob_wood1 

That's correct. Have you get the solution for your issue or are still you facing the problem?

Is the problem solved? Click Accept as Solution! & Click Kudos

@rob_wood1 wrote:

Hi 

I have thousands of 'Custom options' that need updating and it has been suggested that a 'Custom Option Template' module would be the solution for my Spreadsheet Chat Bot website. 

But do they work with existing 'custom options'?  

If I have one particular 'custom option' on 1400 products, can I apply a new template? and that would replace/take over control of the existing custom options? 

Can we still use this on magento altest version like on 4.0x versions? I have website on spreadsheet issues and i think i can use this options.

The steps to updating product custom options may vary depending on the specific platform or tool you are using to manage your product catalog. However, here are some general steps that can be followed:

Log in to your product management tool or platform, such as an e-commerce website or inventory management system.

Navigate to the product that you want to update the custom options for.

Locate the section that displays the current custom options for the product. This may be labeled as "Custom Options," "Product Options," or something similar.

Click on the "Edit" or "Update" button next to the custom option that you want to change.

Update the relevant information for the custom option, such as the name, price, SKU, or other attributes.

Save the changes to the custom option.

Repeat steps 4-6 for each custom option that you want to update.

Once all of the custom options have been updated, review the changes to ensure they are correct.

Save the changes to the product.

Publish the updated product to your website or sales channels, if necessary.

It is important to test the updated product and custom options thoroughly before making it live to ensure that everything is working correctly.

Regards,

Rachel Gomez