cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Uploading a .CSV to associate simple products to already existing group products

Uploading a .CSV to associate simple products to already existing group products

Hi, I'm a brand new Magento administrator!

I'm trying to upload a .CSV with simple products that will map to configurable products already in the backend. But I keep getting an error message: "Category does not exist in rows 1, 2, 3, 4, etc."

Any ideas what's going on? I'm happy to share an example spreadsheet if needed, OR if anyone knows of any basic tutorials out there, that would also be a huge help. Thanks!

1 REPLY 1

Re: Uploading a .CSV to associate simple products to already existing group products

Hi,

It is difficult to come to any conclusion without looking at the CSV file that you are trying to upload. It will be very kind of you if you can attach the CSV file so that we can look into the issue more precisely. But when I look at the error message it give me a hint that, you have not added the Category Id or Category name under which you are trying to upload the new products. Kindly attach the CSV file in order to pin-point the exact error.

Thank you