cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

remove quantity number next to categories in browse by category

SOLVED

remove quantity number next to categories in browse by category

Hello Magento Forum:

I would like to remove the quantity associated with my Magento 1.9.0.1 categories.  Specifically, the number in parenthesis to the left of each category – visible in the front-end under Browse by Category.  I tried:

System -> Configuration -> Catalog -> Layered Navigation -> Display Product Count -> No

But the numbers are still there.

Is there a way to remove these numbers, or better yet, make them invisible on the front-end?

THANK YOU!

Michelle

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: remove quantity number next to categories in browse by category

Hello,

System -> Configuration -> Catalog -> Layered Navigation -> Display Product Count -> No => this config uses for attribute layer filter, not for category.

If you want to remove count of category, you should change the code lines, go to template/catalog/navigation/left.phtml. Removing this code: $_category->getProductCount()

Problem solved? Click Accept as Solution!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Re: remove quantity number next to categories in browse by category

Hello,

System -> Configuration -> Catalog -> Layered Navigation -> Display Product Count -> No => this config uses for attribute layer filter, not for category.

If you want to remove count of category, you should change the code lines, go to template/catalog/navigation/left.phtml. Removing this code: $_category->getProductCount()

Problem solved? Click Accept as Solution!