cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

stop customers entering more than 30 character for any field in Shipping and billing at checkout

SOLVED

stop customers entering more than 30 character for any field in Shipping and billing at checkout

During our order entry process we have First Name, Last name, Street Address 1, Street Address 2, City and State. I would like to limit the amount of data that can be entered into these fields. I was able to setup a max length for Street 1 and Street 2, but using the filed and adding MAX length to City and State does not work. Something else is over-riding, when I inspect using Google chrome it show that the first name and the last name are each setup to have a max length of 255. I have tried some different form/files to adjust these and have not had any luck. I do not have customer attributes in the Admin for Magento and have turned to your special experts, Please advise on any possible resolutions...

Community Edition 1.9

Ultimo Theme

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: stop customers entering more than 30 character for any field in Shipping and billing at checkout

I was able to fix my situation.

We used the files in the Ultimo Theme.

/app/design/frontend/ultimo/default/template/checkout/onepage/shipping.phtml
/app/design/frontend/ultimo/default/template/customer/widget/name.phtml
/app/design/frontend/ultimo/default/template/persistent/checkout/onepage/billing.phtml

added the MAXLENGHT variable.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Re: stop customers entering more than 30 character for any field in Shipping and billing at checkout

I was able to fix my situation.

We used the files in the Ultimo Theme.

/app/design/frontend/ultimo/default/template/checkout/onepage/shipping.phtml
/app/design/frontend/ultimo/default/template/customer/widget/name.phtml
/app/design/frontend/ultimo/default/template/persistent/checkout/onepage/billing.phtml

added the MAXLENGHT variable.

I can't find the said file location in magento 2.2. Can you tell me the exact location?