cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cart/Checkout Performance Issue with Loading Scripts

SOLVED

Cart/Checkout Performance Issue with Loading Scripts

we have been having issues with all forms of one-page checkout, including the default magento one.

It's taking 3-5 seconds to load shipping method, and 7-8 seconds for payment methods, and summary.

It usually displays a "  . . . " style loading bar (on our new onepage- the old one had the circle loading) and the screen stays frozen until the loading is finished.

I have debug / profiler on, but it doesn't seem to display anything out of the ordinary.
I also checked firebug and doesn't have anything out of place,

What script could be causing the long load time?  
and how do I fix it so its fully loaded in under a second?

(This issue is recent - it was not happening a few weeks ago during early development)  - its also not happening on the default theme (demo) we started with.

Could it be an event/observer issue?

__________more details__________

Whats happenng is;
checkout page loads; (has loading bar for shipping method, payment method, and summary) - total 8 seconds wait
user inputs country (checkout reloads the shipping method, payment method, and summary) - total 8 seconds wait again
user inputs zip/city (checkout reloads again) total another 8 second wait.
User selects shipping method -  (summary reloads)  total wait another 5 seconds.
user selects payment method - (summary reloads) another 8 seconds wait.

what happens on demo store, and what SHOULD happen is instant updates.... its not instant, its got a 7-8 seconds wait time which should not be there.

RSS - Downloadable, and many other useless stuff has been disabled already as per suggested in many help topics.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Cart/Checkout Performance Issue with Loading Scripts

by disabling shop options 1 at a time,

the culprit is Owebia Shipping module :/

I took this off and put on magentos flat rate shipping instead and the issue is completely gone now.

hmmmmm,

I really need shipping module like this 

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

What you're experiencing sounds like standard Magento load times. Can you run your site through this tool to see if your server is the cause, or if your theme is the cause. http://www.webpagetest.org/ post the report here along with your URL.

Enterprise Architect

800-207-1221
https://merchantprotocol.com

Magento Extension Developers

without cache:  http://www.webpagetest.org/result/150417_CE_44T/1/details/
with cache: http://www.webpagetest.org/result/150417_EX_47E/1/details/

gamergearguru.com

It won't be the theme, or the server.

Reason:  I have another webstore thats magento on the same server, built from the same original theme.  The other store is flawless, loads everything in about 0.7 seconds for the checkout.  Super faster  (the older store has about 4000 products where as this new one has 115).

The only difference is the older store runs magento 1.7 or 1.8,  this new store runs on 1.9.1

I compared the modules and config files but couldn't really understand the difference 

Also, I'm not having issues loading the pages, so the speed test wont show the issue.

I'm having issues with the reload/calculations or whatever controls the content in the shipping method, payment method, and summary in the checkout.

From the speed tests it's apparent to me that the problem is not your theme. The problem exists on your server, whether it be your server or the magento installation itself. Since you have a second magento install running on the same server, then I need to ask some questions about your server setup to rule it out.

Are you running Cpanel or a two different VPSs?  If YES:
1. can you check the amount of RAM (and other resources) that you have provisioned for each store.

If NO, then what setup are you running?

-------------------------------------

Let's talk about your Magento installation. What extensions have you installed on this theme? can you expand your app/code/community and app/code/local folders and show me a screenshot of the installed plugins.

------------------------------------

If you're confident that the problem exists with your shipping system, have you disabled all shipping options and tested it again? Same goes for your payment gateways.

-----------------------------------

Have you enabled slow sql query logging?

Enterprise Architect

800-207-1221
https://merchantprotocol.com

Magento Extension Developers

by disabling shop options 1 at a time,

the culprit is Owebia Shipping module :/

I took this off and put on magentos flat rate shipping instead and the issue is completely gone now.

hmmmmm,

I really need shipping module like this 

had the same issue and disablong the purolator extension fixed the problem , is there any way to fix this ? 

I totally understand you. Checkout is a real headache for developers. Most of the problems arise precisely at this stage. Mostly it is caused by JS that sometimes overloads checkout page. Recently, I came across a guide that contains the main issues that we face, as well as a solution to these problems. You will find her here. Hope this helps you Smiley Happy