cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get info on hosting server (php version, mysql version, linux version...) from inside magento

How to get info on hosting server (php version, mysql version, linux version...) from inside magento

Hi all,

I've migrated a magento 1.9.0.x website into another host server. Before transfer the domain my customer service give me some suggest to see the website form my local pc before modify the ip into the dns ( into the hosts file of windows ).

Before try any modification or the real transfer of the domain I'd like if I realy using the new installation (migration) on the new server or not yet. For this I'd like to know if there is a way to see, from inside magento administration panel, the info of the server... with these information I'd understand on which server I'm.

Thank you for help

5 REPLIES 5

Re: How to get info on hosting server (php version, mysql version, linux version...) from inside mag

Hi @lucablue,

By default you won't be able to get that kind of detail.

Maybe the easy way is to upload a php file with, for example:

<?php
phpinfo();

That function will provide the kind of data you've asked.

Re: How to get info on hosting server (php version, mysql version, linux version...) from inside mag

Hello!

Can you ssh to the server?

Then you can run:

php -v
mysql -v
less /etc/os-release

To get an idea on what software you are running.

You can create a PHP file with this code to get the PHP details on your server.

<? php
phpinfo();
?>

This code will give the PHP full description for your server.

Writer & Blogger at https://HostStud.com

To know the php version, mysql version, linux version you simply have to upload phpinfo.php file. With the below code:

<?php
phpinfo();
?>

And run this file with your website name. This will show all the detailed information about the version.

• Check var/log/system.log - will contain PHP and MySQL versions
  • Magento Admin - System > Tools > Compilation page shows the PHP version
  • Check core_resource table - contains MySQL version
  • Create a custom admin page or controller to use PHP functions like phpversion() and MySQL PDO to retrieve details
  • On Linux, can execute uname -a from Magento to get distro info