cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

core_url_rewrite database table and Magento Performance

core_url_rewrite database table and Magento Performance

I'm running Magento 1.7.0.2, and for the first time I truncated the database table "core_url_rewrite" after I came across some posts saying that this very table can become extremely large, while it requires manual database maintenance.

Indeed, after the table truncation and re-indexing, the size of the table reduced for almost 60%, and there was a significant performance gain when I tested my site with GTmetrix.

So, my question is whether there are other database tables (besides the ones related with Logging) which have impact on performance and require manual maintenance in the database.

2 REPLIES 2

Re: core_url_rewrite database table and Magento Performance

Hello @dandrikop 

Execute below MySQL queries for the log cleaning of Magento database:

TRUNCATE dataflow_batch_export;
TRUNCATE dataflow_batch_import;
TRUNCATE log_customer;
TRUNCATE log_quote;
TRUNCATE log_summary;
TRUNCATE log_summary_type;
TRUNCATE log_url;
TRUNCATE log_url_info;
TRUNCATE log_visitor;
TRUNCATE log_visitor_info;
TRUNCATE log_visitor_online;
TRUNCATE report_viewed_product_index;
TRUNCATE report_compared_product_index;
TRUNCATE report_event;
TRUNCATE index_event;
TRUNCATE catalog_compare_item;

Manish Mittal
https://www.manishmittal.com/

Re: core_url_rewrite database table and Magento Performance

Hello,

Yes, I'm aware of the tables related with logging. These tables are actually maintained by Magento, though I occasionally had to truncate some of them manually, as too old data had remained.

My concern is the tables that are affected by indexing process of Magento 1.x, such as "catalogsearch_fulltext" and "core_url_rewrite" tables. Are there any other indexing-related tables that need manual maintenance which can improve performance?