cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

moving website

moving website

Hi,

Still i'm trying to correctly move a website to antoher server with the same domein. Now the strange thing is. I moved all the data to the other server. Didnt even make a database or whatever on the new server (Direct admin with centos) when opening the site (I've changed my hosts file to see it on the new server) he wants to connect to the database with a user wlbs_nieuw. But I even dont have this user. A couple of days ago this user was there. Could there be a problem that directadmin somewhere caches these things. I've deleted the old database and users to begin over from the beginning. No he wants to connect with a user that is not on the server. In the local.xml (All the other xml have been removed so as rthe cache and sessions) there is a totaly different user. Changing the local.xml doesnt effect the site.

4 REPLIES 4

Re: moving website

I have solved the above problem. Just by renaming the local.xml to something else and rename it back to local.xml very strange.

The following error i have is:

dbModel read resource does not implement Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract

Trace:
#0 /home/wlbs/domains/wlbs.nl/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Resource/Db/Collection/Abstract.php(134): Varien_Data_Collection_Db->setConnection(false)
#1 /home/wlbs/domains/wlbs.nl/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Config.php(1348): Mage_Core_Model_Resource_Db_Collection_Abstract->__construct(Object(Mage_Core_Model_Resource_Website))
#2 /home/wlbs/domains/wlbs.nl/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Config.php(1380): Mage_Core_Model_Config->getModelInstance('core_resource/w...', Object(Mage_Core_Model_Resource_Website))
#3 /home/wlbs/domains/wlbs.nl/public_html/app/Mage.php(491): Mage_Core_Model_Config->getResourceModelInstance('core/website_co...', Object(Mage_Core_Model_Resource_Website))
#4 /home/wlbs/domains/wlbs.nl/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Abstract.php(208): Mage::getResourceModel('core/website_co...', Object(Mage_Core_Model_Resource_Website))
#5 /home/wlbs/domains/wlbs.nl/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Abstract.php(213): Mage_Core_Model_Abstract->getResourceCollection()
#6 /home/wlbs/domains/wlbs.nl/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/App.php(608): Mage_Core_Model_Abstract->getCollection()
#7 /home/wlbs/domains/wlbs.nl/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/App.php(466): Mage_Core_Model_App->_initStores()
#8 /home/wlbs/domains/wlbs.nl/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/App.php(349): Mage_Core_Model_App->_initCurrentStore('', 'store')
#9 /home/wlbs/domains/wlbs.nl/public_html/app/Mage.php(684): Mage_Core_Model_App->run(Array)
#10 /home/wlbs/domains/wlbs.nl/public_html/index.php(87): Mage::run('', 'store')
#11 {main}

Okay also sorted out this problem I had to set recursive permissions to the var directorie.

Now my latest problem and everything is OK i've put my site only on www.wlbstest.eu

everything seems to be OK. But there is one problem only with internet explorer. The cart does not update. Only the first item. Tried it on 3 computers. On my iphone it works and other browsers also.

Also in internet explorer not al thumb images are shown in the cart only after refreshing because it does not update itself it shows image 1 3 5 7 and so on but not the even numbers.

If anybody can help me with this al my problems are solved.

anybody seen my unsolved problem in internet explorer. \Just changed the session time out on a tip but not working dont understand it.

Hi,

Could you share your magento store URL to check how website loads in internet explorer.

-Thanks & Best Regards, Zohaib