cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

session_start(): failed: No space left on device

session_start(): failed: No space left on device

I got below error suddenly when I try to access my site.

Warning: session_start(): open(/var/www/var/session/sess_cjc5aubsus8skgjck4v3fpmrm6, O_RDWR) failed: No space left on device (28)  in /var/www/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Session/Abstract/Varien.php on line 123

I couldn't figure out what went wrong. Please help.

Thanks.

6 REPLIES 6

Re: session_start(): failed: No space left on device

Hi,

> No space left on device

Looks like server ran out of space. If you have logs enabled in Magento, they can grow fast and large and fill out server space which is usually not unlimited. We've seen logs over 50GB in size in some stores. If you import a lot of products and upload images, it can fill out your space quickly as well.

Hope this helps.

Anton Pachkine @ magento2.hosting : Magento Small Business Package.

Agreed. Regular log cleaning is very important to make sure that disk space are used efficiently and to prevent it from slowing down performance. 

Hi

I know this is an old post but the two answers given are not correct so thought I would add an answer in case somebody else comes across this thread in future.

This error message is caused by the server running out of space to store the session files - if you are on dedicated server then you need to clear down some of the older files - this can be done automatically depending on how long your server is storing session files.  If you are on a shared hosting server, then, unless you are storing session files locally in your account, you will need to speak to your hosting company or the person that manages your server to get this sorted out

Ian

It would be problem with server and its run out of space. i would suggest that, if you have FTP or cpanel access of server and have some idea about system. please do navigate to below path on document root directory of site and remove

Path: var/log

Files to be removed:
system.log
exception.log

It may be solved your session creation problem. Do let us know if require any further help. will do happy to help.

With regards,

Bhavesh Surani

Brainvire.com

I have run out of space on my server where it can't connect to the data bases of any of my sites on my dedicated server vps. hosting company is wanting to clear out data files delete directories etc...

can these logs be cleared from Mysql?????  

2.5G    mgn_core_session

1.3G    mgn_log_url_info
697M    mgn_log_visitor_info
593M    mgn_log_visitor
593M    mgn_log_url
229M    mgn_report_event
173M    mgn_report_viewed_product_index

magento 1.4 

can these logs be cleared????  

2.5G    mgn_core_session

1.3G    mgn_log_url_info