cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Checkout Re-Directs to My Cart

Checkout Re-Directs to My Cart

Hi guys,

just done a fresh install on a VPS with the most recent Magento version. When I test a payment and complete the payment my website redirects me back to the "my cart" section rather than displaying a success message. The payment still does go through, its weird. Any fixes?

thanks

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Checkout Re-Directs to My Cart

Many times this is a bad AJAX request on the checkout page. You can use developer tools in your browser (f12 key) to look at Ajax requests, or check your var/log/system.log and var/log/exception.log for any errors.

Might be a conflicting extension, so try disabling custom extensions. Also try switching the theme to a default one and see if that works to isolate it to your theme being an issue.

This is a magento issue because I have disabled all themes and I am now working with the RWD theme. I have no experience with reading logs or using the firebug tool to watch requests but I will give it a shot, thanks for replying @robfico any more suggestions would be great

Did your payment test go through PayPal standard? If so, make sure PayPal IPN is enabled in your PayPal account.

Also check:
System -> Configuration -> Advanced that Mage_PayPal is enabled.

the test went through, I was paid but I was forced back to the cart section as if nothing happened with no sucess message. all of the above is enabled, this also happens when using sage pay not just paypal