cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contact form cant submit

SOLVED

Contact form cant submit

Hi,

I'm currently have magento 1.9.0.1 and I'm expericing some trouble trying to submit information in a contact form. I'm receiving this error

"Unable to submit your request. Please, try again later"

also i tried looking for the root of the problem and i came across this :

exception 'Exception' in /home3/officialkeys/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Contacts/controllers/IndexController.php:107
Stack trace:
#0 /home3/officialkeys/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Action.php(418): Mage_Contacts_IndexController->postAction()
#1 /home3/officialkeys/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Router/Standard.php(250): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Action->dispatch('post')
#2 /home3/officialkeys/public_html/app/code/community/BalkeTechnologies/StoreMaintenance/Controller/Router/Standard.php(91): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Router_Standard->match(Object(Mage_Core_Controller_Request_Http))
#3 /home3/officialkeys/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Front.php(172): BalkeTechnologies_StoreMaintenance_Controller_Router_Standard->match(Object(Mage_Core_Controller_Request_Http))
#4 /home3/officialkeys/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/App.php(354): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Front->dispatch()
#5 /home3/officialkeys/public_html/app/Mage.php(684): Mage_Core_Model_App->run(Array)
#6 /home3/officialkeys/public_html/index.php(87): Mage::run('', 'store')
#7 {main}

P-s I'm using a custom theme

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Contact form cant submit

i fixed it.. it was an issue with SMTP. You can install one from the extensions .. SMTP pro

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Hi,

Do you have a 'to' email address setup in:

Admin > (from the top) System > Configuration > (from the left) General > Contacts > (main pane) Email Options.

If so; add one and it should work again.. if not then can you add app\code\core\Mage\Core\Model\Email\Template.php and around line 508 you should see something like the following:

$this->setSentSuccess($this->send($email, $name, $vars));

Add the following above it:

var_dump($email);
var_dump($name);
var_dump($vars);
exit;

Once you've done that - submit the form again - you should see a white screen with some things output; paste what is output here and then remove the code above again. - This should help us tell you what is wrong.

Problem solved? Click Accept as Solution!
Magento Certified Developer Plus | www.iwebsolutions.co.uk | Magento Small Business Partner

Thank you for your reply. Unfortunately the information i got. its really long and the post would not let me exceed 20,000 characters on here . I had to upload the code to textupload you can view the code here  output code.

Thank you for any support.

Hi,

Okay - in the same file can you now look at a function that will look as follows:

public function isValidForSend()
    {
        return !Mage::getStoreConfigFlag('system/smtp/disable')
            && $this->getSenderName()
            && $this->getSenderEmail()
            && $this->getTemplateSubject();
    }

Change it too:

public function isValidForSend()
    {
        var_dump(!Mage::getStoreConfigFlag('system/smtp/disable')
            && $this->getTemplateSubject());

var_dump(Mage::getStoreConfigFlag('system/smtp/disable'));
        var_dump($this->getSenderName());
        var_dump($this->getSenderEmail());
        var_dump($this->getTemplateSubject());
exit;

return !Mage::getStoreConfigFlag('system/smtp/disable')
            && $this->getTemplateSubject();
    }

And once again post the results in here.. as before; once you're done revert the code above back to the original.

(the output should not be many lines this time)

Magento Certified Developer Plus | www.iwebsolutions.co.uk | Magento Small Business Partner

ok so  it looks like it narrow it down to this code 

Hi,

Sorry for my slow response!

That code looks fine to be honest - do you have anything in your error logs on your server or can you send mail from other scripts on your server?

so i tried to run a test and it looks like it might be a server configuration issue. except i dont know where to start with that any ideas?

Hi,

It might be worth consulting your host to ask for their advice.

They may have mail disabled on your account; or run a white-list system etc..

i fixed it.. it was an issue with SMTP. You can install one from the extensions .. SMTP pro