cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Magento 1.8 - menu created with a static block is no longer displaying on homepage.

Magento 1.8 - menu created with a static block is no longer displaying on homepage.

A menu created with a custom static block has stopped displaying on our homepage. This menu works on all other pages just not the homepage.

I've checked:

• The static block section in Magento admin & it looks normal & is enabled.
  • I've checked with internal link checker websites and it's totally vanished.
  • Visited the website on a mobile & menu has vanished from mobile site too.
  • As always i have googled extensively but cannot find whats wrong.

If i go into file manager which files control the layout on the homepage & where should I look?

1 REPLY 1

Re: Magento 1.8 - menu created with a static block is no longer displaying on homepage.

Did you check for javascript conflicts? If the menu happens to use javascript to display the custom dropdown/cms block and there is a javascript conflict with the banner slider than this could be causing issue. (and is the most suspect since it is only occurring on the home page.

Also has any xml been modified? It depends on how the static block is being loaded in the menu, but if done the correct way, the block must be refrenced in the xml (most likely app/design/frontend/yourpackage/youtheme/layout/catalog.xml)