cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Main price is being added to attribute selection when adding to cart

Main price is being added to attribute selection when adding to cart

Hi,

We have built a new store using Magento ver. 1.9.1.0 community version.  All is working well except for pricing. We have about 600 items in store with about 250 of them having bottle sizes to choose from.  All attribute pricing is correct.  

However when adding any item to cart that has bottle sizes to choose from, it adds the default price shown in store (always the smallest bottle size price).  What I mean is it takes the default price and then adds whatever bottle size you choose price to the default price, which is wrong.  Basically it doubles or triples price.  Any item that has attributes cannot be added to cart without selecting a bottle size first.  It would make sens to just select the defaul price and add to cart.  But it won't let us and forces us to select a bottle size as well. In fact the defaul price is really the smallest bottle size already. We have spent hours and hours trying to figure this out as we cannot take the store live until this is fixed. 

Does anyone have any suggestions or help they could offer on this situation? 

Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Main price is being added to attribute selection when adding to cart

Hi CrystalWind

You mention that the price when added to the cart is reset, does that mean, that the price correctly updates on the product view? 

If not have you checked the store specific value for the attribute price?

If the problem percists, you properly have a module that does something to modify the price installed. Now knowing what modules you are running, and their functionallity, I can suggest you try and disabling them one at the time until you find the one affecting your store. This needs to be done in the files found in : app/etc/modules/. not form the admin.

Hope this helps :-)

Re: Main price is being added to attribute selection when adding to cart

Hi Theis,

Thanks for getting back. 

No modules being used other than we are using a commercial theme.  Price doesnt get reset at product view. It shows correct price based upon the smallest bottle size available for that specific product. However, it wont allow you to add it to cart as is without first selecting a bottle size. When selecting the bottle size of say 10ml, which also happens to be the default price showing, it adds it to that price. So in effect it doubles the price and then adds it to cart. Same with any other bottle sizes.  Select 30ml bottle size and it will add it to the defaul price showing.  

I just found an extension that could fix this for me.  It is called: SCP, Simple Configurable Products.  Apparently this will do the trick. If interested I will let you know once we install and give it a try. 

If this doesnt work our next step is to follow your advice and disable the files found in : app/etc/modules/

Thanks again! Cheers!