cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

a quick question on how to develop

a quick question on how to develop

I'm completely new to Magento and I'm wondering what is the recommended or typical procedure to build and develop a Magento-based e-commerce site:

Should I create it directly on our web server and develop it directly online?

Or should I place a version on my own computer (e.g. at localhost), develop it locally offline, and then upload my offline version to the web server occasionally?

What procedure do you recommend?

When I develop PHP sites I usually work with an offline version on my laptop and periodically upload the site to the server from there. But I get the impression this is not the standard way to work with Magento...

thanhmilla425

1 REPLY 1

Re: a quick question on how to develop

Hi @fgydgf_dvshzgc

Well as per my experience and as an general and standard process You need to develop first in localhost (offline version) and then periodically you need to upload the site to the server from there !

Re : its impression this is not the standard way to work with Magento

- Here i would say Magento itself never mention/define that working on offline or localhost is not standard way - we are as an enterprise e-commerce agency and  we always follow the same offline practices for all our projects. Where we do actual development on offline manner and we manage each and everything on Github - and then periodically we upload those to online server.

- it will make your development process smoother and during development you may face couple errors; so if any error came across on this offline version (localhost) that should be easy to resolved - but the same error you face on the server - then to resolved that you need to do lengthy upload/download files operations on the server.

So on a  conclusion - go with offline manner (localhost) stuff - and upload periodically on the server when each single module works functioning then upload it on server so it goes smoother process !

Hope it helps

if issue solved,Click Kudos & Accept as Solution