cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1.9.1.0 applying patch 6788 hunk failed

SOLVED

Re: 1.9.1.0 applying patch 6788 hunk failed

I'm in the same boat, I've tried replacing htaccess with a stock 1.9.1.0 htaccess but still fails.

This is not a recommended way of doing this but if you have a modified .htaccess file the easiest way to fix this I found is to remove the .htaccess patch from the patch file.

Take care with line endings but if you delete line 163 -> 195,

ie everything from

diff --git .htaccess .htaccess

to

+    </Files>

The patch should then run fine. After this please make sure to manually add the patch to your ht access file.

I've redownload the magento 1.9.1.0 from magento.

When I compare the app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Router/Admin.php with my last version of magento 1.9.1.0 that i've downloaded in january, these files are effectively different.

However, when i replace this Admin.php into the server, the patch still doesn't work, and display the same message error.

Thanks

/**
     * Check if current controller instance is allowed in current router.
     * @param Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Action $controllerInstance
     * @return boolean
     */
    protected function _validateControllerInstance($controllerInstance)
    {
        return true;
    }
}

Found a solution for the problem from davine_rugby. I have another magento installation with the following adding on file

app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Router/Admin.php

Add this above code on line 133 and the patch can be applied. Not sure if this is the right way.

Same here, I already uploaded a fresh .htaccess but now the patch is stuck with the following files:

patching file app/design/frontend/default/iphone/layout/customer.xml
Hunk #1 FAILED at 141.
Hunk #2 FAILED at 160.
2 out of 2 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file app/design/frontend/default/ip hone/layout/customer.xml.rej
patching file app/design/frontend/default/modern/layout/customer.xml
Hunk #1 FAILED at 156.
Hunk #2 FAILED at 175.
2 out of 2 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file app/design/frontend/default/mo dern/layout/customer.xml.rej

They have no different date than the other files in that directory....

sigh. I extracted new correct files from the magento 1.9.1.0 download and put it over the customer.xml files in iphone and modern and now the patch was applied immediately.....

Somehow these files had to be altered the last couple of years somehow.

solved

Same issues with EE.  The .htaccess fresh copy worked (ridiculous that it requires you to HAVE the sample file), but subsquent files are not working even if they are identical from a fresh copy.  They really missed the boat on this patch.

I've tried uploading the original .htaccess & .htaccess.sample from the 1.9.2.1 files, but the patch still won't run. And then my site gives me a PHP error with the original .htaccess files....kinda stumped. 

i'm getting: 

patching file .htaccess
Hunk #1 FAILED at 207.
1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to file .htaccess.rej
patching file .htaccess.sample
Hunk #1 succeeded at 196 with fuzz 2 (offset 20 lines).