cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Checkout Stuck on Step 4 after SUPEE-9767 with Formkey Validation on Checkout Enabled

SOLVED

Re: Checkout Stuck on Step 4 after SUPEE-9767 with Formkey Validation on Checkout Enabled

Was having the same issue.  dvwb2's suggestion worked perfectly! Definitely worth a shot if you're still having issues.

Re: Checkout Stuck on Step 4 after SUPEE-9767 with Formkey Validation on Checkout Enabled

Thank you, dvwb2. That solved this problem.

So, to sum up, just navigate to payment.phtml and move your <?php echo $this->getBlockHtml('formkey') ?>
to between <form action="" id="co-payment-form"> and

<fieldset> <?php echo $this->getChildHtml('methods') ?> </fieldset>.

Best Regards,

Rudy

Hi, 

This may be a stupid question but where can I find the payment.html file?  What is the path to get to it?

Any help would be much appreciated!

This really worked!!! 

It's actually payment.phtml and it should be in /app/design/frontend/(your theme)/default/template/checkout/onepage

or if you use Filezilla, in the frontend folder, search for "payment.phtml"

Thanks everyone!

Hi all,

I've tried all the mentioned above but didn't work, the patch has been installed successfully but the Checkout Process gets stuck (Step 1 - Billing information)... Checking back all the form phtml files involved (Shipping cart form / Multishipping billing checkout form / Multishipping shipping checkout form / Billing checkout form / Shipping checkout form / Payment checkout form / Shipping method checkout form / Persistent Billing checkout form) none of them is missing the <?php echo $this->getBlockHtml('formkey') ?> code.... I'm running 1.6.2 with all previous patches installed successfully and custom theme that is not overriding the Magento Base files for the checkout....

On https://magento.com/security/patches/supee-9767 it says:

KNOWN ISSUES:

Magento received reports that customer registration after checkout might fail if option to 'Enable F...

I wish a new patch version is released soon, I've ended up disabling the "Enable Form Key Validation On Checkout" option till I figure out how to fix it... 

Any idea would be more than welcome. Thanks!

UPDATE: Using the following script (link below) got my whole check out process working again.

https://gist.github.com/schmengler/c42acc607901a887ef86b4daa7a0445b

hey,RRUKI, I encountered the same problem,and solved it as your suggestion. thank you very much!

thank you Mr dvwb2!

I'm a novice in Magento - and none of this works. I can't get any further than step 1

Used Filezilla to search payment.phtml and changed 3 of 8 files (the last 5 files did not contain the line in question) - refreshed cache+index every time - but still no succes.

I have no experiences excecuting scrips in magento - please help.....

hello,rruki,i encounted a problem.supee9767 v2 has been issued,but when install v2,we need revert supee 9767 v1,when i revert v1,use sh PATCH_SUPEE-9767_CE_1.8.0.0_v1-2017-05-25-09-29-23.sh -R,but it dispaly 1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to file app/design/frontend/base/default/template/checkout/onepage/payment.phtml.rej ,as you know,i altered this file payment.phtml,so i alter the same as before,but the problem still exists.can you tell me how to solve it?many thanks!