cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Admin attribute label showing in Frontend

SOLVED

Admin attribute label showing in Frontend

Despite having a value in the Default Store View, the Admin Attribute label shows in the Frontend. From what I understand, this should only show in the Backend for data entry purposes. How can I make the Frontend show the Default Store View label?

Backend:

Backend

Frontend:

Frontend

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Admin attribute label showing in Frontend

Hi,

When creating (or editing) the configurable product - look in the 'associated products' tab.

You should see a field called Attribute Name.. you can add your frontend label in here.

Problem solved? Click Accept as Solution!
Magento Certified Developer Plus | www.iwebsolutions.co.uk | Magento Small Business Partner

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Hi,

When creating (or editing) the configurable product - look in the 'associated products' tab.

You should see a field called Attribute Name.. you can add your frontend label in here.

Magento Certified Developer Plus | www.iwebsolutions.co.uk | Magento Small Business Partner

That did it, thank you!

It seems like that means an extra step with each product setup, and makes me wonder why there is even a field in the attribute label options for Default Store View... but at least this works! Smiley Happy

No problem!

I'm not sure why it doesn't pull through the option set in Manage Attributes either.. The options set there are however; used in the layered navigation (filters on the left hand side).

Glad I could help.