cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assign images to import products with csv

SOLVED

Assign images to import products with csv

Hello everyone and thanks for your time. I have a problem when importing products with a csv file from System -> Import / Export -> Import, products are all inserted correctly with your data but images not assigned to any product, I tested in the following ways:

1-> Copying the folder / media / catalog / product / store the old to the new as it will copy all of its products, and the route that has the image column in each product is for example: / t / u / nougat .jpg.
2-> placing the images in the folder / var / importexport / route and has the image column in each product is eg /nombredeimagen.jpg.

No problem is that or I'm doing wrong.
Magento CE version is 1.9.2.2
I would like if anyone knows how to solve my problem to answer me and thank you very much for everything.
I would also like to know which is the best way to import the images of all products and I come in the csv file with a url and not if using a script should load the import or do folder.
I also want to ask if it would be better to use version 2 or if this (1.9.2.2)
Thank you so much

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Assign images to import products with csv

Hello.

Importing products with images, you need to put your images in media/import folder before import (this is where Magento will look for images during upload) and in your file you need to put image names with leading slash - like - /imagename.jpg

After the import images will be uploaded according to Magento hierarchy: into media/catalog/product and 2 subfolders of the basis of image name.
So for image with name - image123.jpg the path will be media/catalog/product/i/m/image123.jpg. Picture with name - shoes.jpg will be during import placed to - media/catalog/product/s/h/shoes.jpg

Here is also tutorial with screenshots for the details -
https://www.mag-manager.com/useful-articles/tipstricks/the-procedure-of-magento-images-import/

Store Manager for Magento 1.x and 2.x - inventory management tool to automatically update products, customers, orders, and other data across multiple sales channels and suppliers.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Hello.

Importing products with images, you need to put your images in media/import folder before import (this is where Magento will look for images during upload) and in your file you need to put image names with leading slash - like - /imagename.jpg

After the import images will be uploaded according to Magento hierarchy: into media/catalog/product and 2 subfolders of the basis of image name.
So for image with name - image123.jpg the path will be media/catalog/product/i/m/image123.jpg. Picture with name - shoes.jpg will be during import placed to - media/catalog/product/s/h/shoes.jpg

Here is also tutorial with screenshots for the details -
https://www.mag-manager.com/useful-articles/tipstricks/the-procedure-of-magento-images-import/

Store Manager for Magento 1.x and 2.x - inventory management tool to automatically update products, customers, orders, and other data across multiple sales channels and suppliers.

Perfect thank you very much is solved, it works correctly but at the end I chose to use my own script with which I import all products with their images from a csv.

Thank you so much for everything