cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Billing and delivery address strange behavior

SOLVED

Billing and delivery address strange behavior

When I go to /customer/address/ to change my billing address, it also changes delivery address and vice versa.

To change billing address, I must add a new address and check "Use default billing address".

Is it meant to be like this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Billing and delivery address strange behavior

Hello @phantonym,

If you have the same address for billing and shipping address when you change billing address then it will be changed for both. 

In that case, you can find out the same page another button for add new address which can be used to create another address and set as default billing address.

--
If my answer is useful, please Accept as Solution & give Kudos

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Hello @phantonym,

If you have the same address for billing and shipping address when you change billing address then it will be changed for both. 

In that case, you can find out the same page another button for add new address which can be used to create another address and set as default billing address.

--
If my answer is useful, please Accept as Solution & give Kudos

Thank you for the response, @gelanivishal. We have received feedback from a customer that this is confusing, and I think so too. Why not change billing and shipping addresses separately?

Hello @phantonym

If it contains one address then it will change both places, but you have multiple address then it will give the option which address do you want to change

hope it will help you.

If helps then mark as solution.

Problem solved? Click Kudos & Accept as Solution!
Sunil Patel
Magento 2 Certified Professional Developer & Frontend Developer

Add new address is confusing as it introduce a third address. A better solution in my opinion is to keep selection for standard billing address and delivery address as checkbox indicating if it is chosen or not. Witch lead me to ask if it's possible to have it like that?