cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't edit existing catalog categories

SOLVED

Can't edit existing catalog categories

I have a problem with editing an existing products categories (Magento ver 1.9.2.1). When I select an existing category, there is no display of the properties of this products category. I can create new categories of products, but after creating I can not edit.

I think the issue could be in AJAX and permissions. I checked that mod_security is disabled in my server.
Do you have any ideas how to fix?

Thank you in advance.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Can't edit existing catalog categories

Hi,

Is there anything in the server error log that is suggesting why that URL is 403'ing?

Does your hosting have any security type software on it that attempts to block rogue requests? It may be worth having a word with them (and sending them the 403'ing url) to see if they can shed any light on it for you.

Problem solved? Click Accept as Solution!
Magento Certified Developer Plus | www.iwebsolutions.co.uk | Magento Small Business Partner

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Hi,

Is there anything in the server error log that is suggesting why that URL is 403'ing?

Does your hosting have any security type software on it that attempts to block rogue requests? It may be worth having a word with them (and sending them the 403'ing url) to see if they can shed any light on it for you.

Problem solved? Click Accept as Solution!
Magento Certified Developer Plus | www.iwebsolutions.co.uk | Magento Small Business Partner

if you have 403 then you need to reset permissions, probably some files just lost their execution bit

find . -type f -exec chmod 644 {} \;
find . -type d -exec chmod 755 {} \;
------------
MagenX - Magento and Server optimization

Thank you. The problem have solved.

Hi Seregue. How you solved? I'm going crazy.

Hello chisMg.

I checked my hosting provider raw log files and found that I have some security problems (provider software blocked my ajax requests, so I can't edit existing catalogues). After that I delegated the problem to support team of my hosting provider. And they solved my problem.