cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't login to Admin Panel getting internal server error 500 after updating patches in Magento 1

Can't login to Admin Panel getting internal server error 500 after updating patches in Magento 1

Hi All,

I am very new to Magento and this is my first post. We updated Magento 1 with the following patches last night:

And now today, we cannot get to Login to the Admin Panel. When we enter a valid user name and password we get an internal server error 500. In the apache2 error log we repeatedly see this error after every login attempt:

[Fri May 08 14:54:10.864332 2020] [:error] [pid 19461] [client <IP REMOVED>>] PHP Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined method Mage_Core_Model_Encryption::validateHashByVersion() in /home/keywest/html/app/code/core/Ma
ge/Admin/Model/Observer.php:139\nStack trace:\n#0 /home/html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/App.php(1374): Mage_Admin_Model_Observer->actionAdminAuthenticate(Object(Varien_Event_Observer))\n#1 /home/html/app/code/core/
Mage/Core/Model/App.php(1353): Mage_Core_Model_App->_callObserverMethod(Object(Mage_Admin_Model_Observer), 'actionAdminAuth...', Object(Varien_Event_Observer))\n#2 /home/html/app/Mage.php(448): Mage_Core_Model_App->dispatchEv
ent('admin_user_auth...', Array)\n#3 /home/html/app/code/core/Mage/Admin/Model/User.php(392): Mage::dispatchEvent('admin_user_auth...', Array)\n#4 /home/html/app/code/core/Mage/Admin/Model/User.php(415): Mage_Admin_Mo
del_User->authenticate('USERNAME@site....', 'CLEARTEXTPASSWORD')\n#5 /home/html/app/code/core/Mage/Admin/Model/Session.php(146): Mage_Admin_Model_User->login('USERNAME@site....', 'CLEARTEXTPASSWORD')\n# in /home/html/app/code

The team was able to login yesterday before the patches were applied. Are we missing a patch?

We are running Magento 1 version 1.9.3.4

Any assistance or direction would be greatly appreciated!

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Can't login to Admin Panel getting internal server error 500 after updating patches in Magento 1

Hi @elabbeintedabd 

Check app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Encryption.php file and see if validateHashByVersion

method is present here or not

---
Problem Solved Click Accept as Solution!:Magento Community India Forum

Re: Can't login to Admin Panel getting internal server error 500 after updating patches in Magento 1

Hi,

Thank you for replying, I found that file and I am not sure exactly where to look but here are some snippets of what I see:

class Mage_Core_Model_Encryption

{

const HASH_VERSION_MDE  = 0;

const HASH_VERSION_SHA256 = 1;

const HASH_VERSION_SHA512 = 2;

/**

* Encryption method bcrypt

*/

const HAS_VERSION_LATEST = 3;

++++++

There is a lot more in the file. I am not sure which parts are relevant. Am I on the right track?