cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot access category manager - javascript errors in consol

SOLVED

Cannot access category manager - javascript errors in consol

Im having no luck finding the solution to this problem that others have had over the course of a few years. Suddenly the category manager stops working, leaving the screen blank and impossible to add, enter into or work with categories. The only thing that works is expand all.

A look at the consol reveals these errors:

magentojava.jpg

I'm a magento newbie but I have plenty of experience with php/mysql. Everything was working fine. I removed a theme that I was not happy with and installed another, Other than than haven't touched core files.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Cannot access category manager - javascript errors in consol

I only found one other person reporting this issue: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/42208503/magento-issue-catalog-category-productsjsobject-is-not-....

I would concur with the commentors suggestion on stackoverflow: This is going to be from a customisation, most likely from a third party module but it could be a custom one that's been built for the site too. I would start by disabling modules in app/etc/modules/ folder, see that it works and gradually re-enable each one until it breaks. 

----
If you've found one of my answers useful, please give "Kudos" or "Accept as Solution" as appropriate. Thanks!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Re: Cannot access category manager - javascript errors in consol

I only found one other person reporting this issue: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/42208503/magento-issue-catalog-category-productsjsobject-is-not-....

I would concur with the commentors suggestion on stackoverflow: This is going to be from a customisation, most likely from a third party module but it could be a custom one that's been built for the site too. I would start by disabling modules in app/etc/modules/ folder, see that it works and gradually re-enable each one until it breaks. 

----
If you've found one of my answers useful, please give "Kudos" or "Accept as Solution" as appropriate. Thanks!