cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cant save Category - new window opens

Cant save Category - new window opens

Hello,

I have a problem with Magento 1.9.

In admin, when I try to save a category a new, empty widondows opens with this adress:

http://www.DOMAIN.com/admin/catalog_category/save/key/14a316902b42f1cbb62020816a0e7b41/store/1/id/6/...

If I closes the windows the saving process i stucked with the rotating wheel and the text "please wait".

I can press back arrow and then, when I am back at Dascborad there is a text "The category have been saved". 

This happens both when I create a new category or saves changes on an existing category.

The installation works good at localhost with Wamp-server on my PC so its not a webbrowser issue - more problem with sever. But what can be the problem, and what to look after?

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Cant save Category - new window opens

Has this been resolved? I am experiencing on a new CE 1.9.2.2 installation. 

I found this soultion: "It's because mod_security rule id: 373763. This rule prevent the mini-iframe in the page but the category form need it so the error occur. I'm using cPanel and got the same error, turn this rule off will instantly fix this problem." I dont have cPanel, so I asked my host to turn off the mod_security rule id: 373763 and then it start to work.

Thanks - solved it for me as well