Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ERROR 504 - GATEWAY TIMEOUT

SOLVED

Why am I seeing this page?

The server that your request has reached is acting as a gateway or proxy to fulfil the request made by your client.

Web Browser => Web Front-End => Web Back-End

This server (Web Front-End) received an invalid response from an upstream (Web Back-End) server it accessed to fulfil the request.

In most cases this will not mean that the upstream server is down, but rather that the upstream server and the gateway/proxy do not agree on the protocol for exchanging data.

This problem is most commonly caused when there is a problem with IP communications between the Web Front and Back-Ends. Before you attempt to resolve this problem you should clear your browser cache completely.

Our support staff will be happy to assist you in resolving this issue. Please contact our Live Support or reply to any Tickets you may have received from our technicians for further assistance.

Customer email transaction  not working so i was ask to go to my cpanel and charge my cron to

I did and after i got this error i went back to delete it from my cron it came back normal and few seconds it came back with this message .Please if you have a help i will be greatful .

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: ERROR 504 - GATEWAY TIMEOUT

This is a server related error and you will need to contact your hosting provider to have them resolve it for you. 

I don't believe that it is related to the Cron Job that you setup but without having access to the server, we won't be able to know if it is related in any way. 

As for transactional emails, yes from Magento 1.9 onwards you will need to setup the Magento Cron Job for emails to be delivered. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

This is a server related error and you will need to contact your hosting provider to have them resolve it for you. 

I don't believe that it is related to the Cron Job that you setup but without having access to the server, we won't be able to know if it is related in any way. 

As for transactional emails, yes from Magento 1.9 onwards you will need to setup the Magento Cron Job for emails to be delivered. 

Thanks for your info it was server problem

what was the exact issue, because we are getting this problem also 

504 Gateway Time-out

nginx
each time we try to setup configurable products