cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fatal error: Call to a member function setEntityId() on a non-object in Order.php

Fatal error: Call to a member function setEntityId() on a non-object in Order.php

I have the most bizzare issue that I cannot figure out...

Almost all emails send from the system from the Admin panel within an Order. Except the initial invoice is not sent and a fatal error occurs at the final step of checkout.

I am using paypal to capture the funds.

Process is like this:

User selects products > clicks checkout > redirected to paypal for payment and shipping info > redirected to my site from paypal for final acceptance > user selects "Process order" button

One the user selects the process button, the order is fully processed, the invoice email is sent to the user with a BCC to me and payment is made. However the user is greeted with a blank screen and the following error :

Fatal error: Call to a member function setEntityId() on a non-object in app/code/core/Mage/Sales/Model/Order.php Line 1355 or 1455

I get this same error ONLY when trying to add notes to an order and have the customer notified.

The code from the Order.php file that is erroring is here:

// Set all required params and send emails
        $mailer->setSender(Mage::getStoreConfig(self::XML_PATH_EMAIL_IDENTITY, $storeId));
        $mailer->setStoreId($storeId);
        $mailer->setTemplateId($templateId);
        $mailer->setTemplateParams(array(
            'order'        => $this,
            'billing'      => $this->getBillingAddress(),
            'payment_html' => $paymentBlockHtml
        ));

/** @var $emailQueue Mage_Core_Model_Email_Queue */
        $emailQueue = Mage::getModel('core/email_queue');
        $emailQueue->setEntityId($this->getId())
            ->setEntityType(self::ENTITY)
            ->setEventType(self::EMAIL_EVENT_NAME_NEW_ORDER)
            ->setIsForceCheck(!$forceMode);

$mailer->setQueue($emailQueue)->send();

$this->setEmailSent(true);
        $this->_getResource()->saveAttribute($this, 'email_sent');

return $this;
    }

So far, everything else including all other emails work fine.

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Fatal error: Call to a member function setEntityId() on a non-object in Order.php

Anyone have any ideas?

Re: Fatal error: Call to a member function setEntityId() on a non-object in Order.php

Is that error resolved. I am facing same issue. Interestingly very few people facing same problem but there is no resolution.

Thanks.

Hi, did you happen to get this resolved? I'm having the same problem and cant find much information about it.