cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am not able to Add/Edit Category in Magento Admin Panel

I am not able to Add/Edit Category in Magento Admin Panel

Hello All,

I am having a frustrating issue in Magento Admin Panel. Whenever i try to add a subcategory under default category It only shows "Please Wait" Ajax Loader for a long time and nothing happens. I tried to check by looking into Magento's system and exception logs but nothing is there. It seems to me some server issue which blocking the ajax requests in Magento admin Panel. But everything apart from it is working fine. I added few products and it has been added easily. The problem is with category only.

And When i contacted my hosting support and then they tried to add this category via admin panel, and they are able to add it easily without having any issues. But when i am trying to the same, it's always showing the ajax loader only "Please Wait". It seems like the problem is with my IP, Then i tried with two other IPs but still the same problem. I checked everything sessions,cache,cookies but nothing suspecting found. Is there any problem with my location or ISP? 

I posted the same problem almost everywhere(MagentoStack, StackOverflow etc) but no solution i found. Kindly Help me out in this.

My Magento Version is 1.8.1.0 and my server(Apache) is on Shared Hosting. Any help would be appreciable.

2 REPLIES 2

Re: I am not able to Add/Edit Category in Magento Admin Panel

Hi @ShahzadHasan,

Have you reviewed the console log in the browser?

Since the ajax request is failing, you will be able to see the error from there.

Best regards.
Gabriel

Welcome to the Magento Forums. Remember to introduce yourself and read the Magento Forums Guidelines.

Re: I am not able to Add/Edit Category in Magento Admin Panel

Hi @Gabriel Guarino,

Thanks for reply. Yeah, I see the JavaScript console many times but found nothing. While i found the error but very strange. Its the problem of my ISP. When i use the admin panel with Vodafone(ISP) internet everything is working fine. I spoke to them but they said like there is nothing they can do. It's my server port which is not open to response those requests. But they don't know which port. So still i am not able to resolve this issue even when i know where is the error.

Please suggest me what to do.