cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not able to connect to the Connect Manager.

SOLVED

Not able to connect to the Connect Manager.

Hello, 

I am using the GoDaddy provide version of Magento 1.9.  Recently they moved my website to a standalone server. 

Now when I click on the Magento Connect Manager link. it is taking me to my website error page.

Not sure what do now or who to go too.

I hope some can help me resolve this issue GoDaddy would not.

Thanks 

Norris

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Not able to connect to the Connect Manager.

What kind of error page do you see? Is it Magento error or server error, and what's the precise error code and message? What URL does it error on? 

What are you trying to achieve with the downloader? If you're trying to install an extension, is there another way you can install it? Generally speaking, if you have the file, you can also install from the command line with the ./mage install-file command. Or you can unzip the .tar.gz file and copy them in manually. 

----
If you've found one of my answers useful, please give "Kudos" or "Accept as Solution" as appropriate. Thanks!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Is the downloader folder still in your magento installation on the new server? 

----
If you've found one of my answers useful, please give "Kudos" or "Accept as Solution" as appropriate. Thanks!

Yes I do see the Downloader folder in the public_html folder.  It has several folders and one called Maged.  It also has several other files a couple of PHP files.

Yes I do see the Downloader folder in the public_html folder.  It has several folders and one called Maged.  It also has several other files a couple of PHP files.

What kind of error page do you see? Is it Magento error or server error, and what's the precise error code and message? What URL does it error on? 

What are you trying to achieve with the downloader? If you're trying to install an extension, is there another way you can install it? Generally speaking, if you have the file, you can also install from the command line with the ./mage install-file command. Or you can unzip the .tar.gz file and copy them in manually. 

----

Tom thank you for all you responses.  I was able to fix it by restoring a backup downloader folder.

Thank you!  Norris