cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One particular category crashes our magento website

One particular category crashes our magento website

There is a category on our magento website which crashes the site.

The category: http://www.radiatorline.co.uk/accessories

I cannot understand why. I have tried renaming the category, no joy. I have changed it from displaying a CMS block to just displaying products, no joy.

I have tried multiple browsers, it's not a browser issue.

Does anybody know what is going on?

4 REPLIES 4

Re: One particular category crashes our magento website

Hi @nathansmith62

Do you see any errors logged in the system.log and exception.log file in Magento under var/log directory?

---
Problem Solved Click Accept as Solution!:Magento Community India Forum

Hello @Mukesh Tiwari

exception.log contains the below repeated lots of times:

2016-03-23T02:05:23+00:00 ERR (3): 
exception 'Mage_Backup_Exception_NotEnoughPermissions' with message 'Cant create backups directory' in /home/radiatorli/public_html/lib/Mage/Backup/Filesystem.php:264

system.log is a massive file and contains the same 3 lines repeating over and over again:

2016-03-23T15:06:11+00:00 ERR (3): Warning: simplexml_load_string(): Entity: line 1: parser error : Extra content at the end of the document  in /home/radiatorli/public_html/lib/Varien/Simplexml/Config.php on line 510
2016-03-23T15:06:11+00:00 ERR (3): Warning: simplexml_load_string(): < ?xml version="1.0"?>  in /home/radiatorli/public_html/lib/Varien/Simplexml/Config.php on line 510
2016-03-23T15:06:11+00:00 ERR (3): Warning: simplexml_load_string():   ^  in /home/radiatorli/public_html/lib/Varien/Simplexml/Config.php on line 510

Does anyone have any suggestions? I am really out of ideas. 

SOLVED

I had an issue with reindexing being stuck. My hosting provider said "Php memory limit set on the server was causing the problem. I have increased the memory limit set on the server to 1GB and now your reindexing is working fine"

This in turn also fixed my issue of the magento category crashing the website.